adding lime to beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie1980

Reaction score
has anybody tried to add lime or any sort of fruit after fermination is complete, what im trying to achive is a hint of lime in my beer, if u have how much did u use for 5 gallons cheers

There are similar threads at the bottom of the page that will help you out.

Personaly I tried one and didn't get consistent results but I don't think I stirred my lime extract in very well.

Did a blueberry wheat. Racked from primary onto 1/2 gallon of blueberry juice, let go for 10 days added another 1/2 gallon and bottle the 24 hours later. It is a hint in taste, obvious to the nose. It is a bigger beer so the end result it taste like blueberry pie.

I would go quarters, 2 limes won't do much in 5 gallons, heck I put 2 lemons in a gallon of iced tea.

What kinda beer is it?

I currently have a brown ale racked on top of (very ripe) bananas, about 1lb, dry hopped with about a lb of organic banana chips (prob won't do this next time). Smells AMAZING. Haven't tasted yet, will when I bottle sometime this week.

Light lager can be tricky. It is light, so anything added could easily over power the smooth lager taste. I would be so worried about ruining 3 months of work adding flavor like that.

I think leaning towards caution going smaller is maybe better. Do you have temp control to redo the lager if you ruin it?

Latest posts

Back