Adding hops (an extract) after fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuvMyRedDog

Reaction score
I've got several corny kegs full of beer, beer that is too sweet for me. I really like my beer bitter.

Here is what I was thinking of doing. Please, someone more experienced than me, if this is dumb, stop me.

Take an ounce of centennial leaf hops (9.7% AA) let it steep on my stove for an hour, and pour the tea into one of my corny kegs.

What are your thoughts?

You'll need to boil it. Yooper has had good luck making a bittering tea. You might look at some of her posts on the subject.

There is also a hop extract that you can buy for about 12 bucks, it tells you how many bittering IBU's you get per ml in a 5 gallon beer. They also have other hop oils that are designed for flavor and aroma and I have had good success with them all.

Eastside

Thanks for your posts. I saw Yooper's post after posting here, and went ahead with the tea extraction. The beer is much better, much better.

Latest posts

Back