Adding flavor to wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustavo

Reaction score
Hello every one I'm attempting my first batch of wine. I have been brewing beer for almost three years and wanted to try wine. I'm making the wine from welch 100% juice bottles. I was wondering if it was possible to add flavors like cherry ect... To wine. And if so would it be during secondary?

Several ways to add flavor, probably the one with the most effect would be after fermentation is done and the wine has been suflited and stabilized. How sweet of a wine are you going for? I've had good results with adding juice (blueberry,cherry, etc) as the primary sugars to backsweeten with, I think that blends with and then you're not just sweetening with sugar, you're adding flavors. I've never made wine from Welch's so I'm not sure if you're going red or white. There are also extracts and flavors that you can buy from various brew stores to add to beer or wine, you could try those.

Welch's???

It is already pretty damned flavored.

I added a tbsp of peppercorns and crushed red pepper to a cabernet with NICE results.

I guess with Welch's I might try the same, something to dry it out a little.

Back