Adding an element to a conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotbags-10

Reaction score
I've been looking at the BIAC's from Brau supply and brewHa. I would love to get one but the 2k plus investment is a little salty for me. That being said I've been looking at the Bru gear 14g conical for 500$. It has a tri clover thermowel port that I could install an element in for boiling and either just add a new thermowel in the side or possibly the lid. If need be I could always use a small tri clover extension If the element is to long. They also offer the lid with the built in cooling coil (250$) that I could use for chilling and temp control. Any reason this wouldn't work for a brew kettle/ fermenter?

Below the drain valve at the bottom of the fermenter add a TC spool piece with an element adapter long enough to fit your element in and it will be removable after the boil. essentially add a RIMS tube to the bottom of your fermenter and you have what you need. you night need the recirc past the element of the rims to keep hops/trub from burning on, but the agitation from the boiling should be enough once it gets to that point.

Back