Adding ABV?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trojandux

Reaction score
So I did a brew today and my OG is @ 1.043 and I was hoping to have it over 1.05. So now when the fermentation is complete I am going to have a brew around mid to low 4 % ABV. I was wondering if there is any way to bump this up. I have already pitched my yeast and am using a Wyeast 1007. Thanks.

It was a Partial Mash Basically I forgot to add 1 more lb of extract oops :drunk: How about adding Fermentable sugars directly to the primary?

Add extract or sugar to the primary; no problem. Dissolve it in a little boiling water and cool before adding. A lot of high abv beers are done this way so as not to shock the yeast going into a high gravity wort.

So I did a brew today and my OG is @ 1.043 and I was hoping to have it over 1.05. So now when the fermentation is complete I am going to have a brew around mid to low 4 % ABV. I was wondering if there is any way to bump this up. I have already pitched my yeast and am using a Wyeast 1007. Thanks.

There are a Few ways you can Bump it up, You can Boil a lb or 2 of Dry Malt Extract in like 1/2 gallon of water and chill it, then dump it in your fermentor, but it will lower the IBU rating. You can also Boil up a pound or 2 of sugar or corn sugar instead of malt extract, but this can thin the beer a lot. Also you can do a Patch AFTER the fact buy adding a Neutral Grain Spirit such as Vodka or Ever clear to your bottling bucket. Or you can just enjoy it for what it is, a lower ABV easy drinking beer!:D

Back