Ace Rotomold 15 gal fermenter, plastic stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shipfaced

Reaction score
Found a stray Parrot. All he says is "good mornin
Been meaning to show this fermenter/stand and poor mans cooling system.
The fermenter is of course familiar with most, however the stand is PVC and portable. Wracked my brain for a week on how to NOT use wood for the stand. It lives in an un-used bedroom where an old bed sheet was tucked around the A/C register and while draped over the fermenter it concentrates the A/C. Dubbed the "Beer Burka" it really does keep fermentation temps down to manageable levels. Have found that while it is 15 gal, it seems to make better beer if kept at 10 gals. Because it's HEAVY when full, a cart with rollers helps to move it... it's easily wheeled into the kitchen for filling bottles.
SS valves found on ebay completed the project.

DSCF0549.jpg

DSCF0552.jpg

what are you supporting that fermentor with in the stand? is that shoe lace? I'm sure it works, but whatever it is looks too small to support 10 or 15 gallons of beer.

Any way you could do a more in depth and part list of your build on this perhaps? It would be greatly appreciated ☺

Parts are the obvious SS ball valves, I used 1/2 in fill valve and bigger drain. You'll have to haunt your local plumbing store or big box hardware store to get the plastic parts to reduce the big threaded bottom end to the size of your SS drain. The most important item used would be the SS weld-less keg/bulkhead fitting and it's placement, these are found on ebay. Shop carefully so you get the right combination of inside/outside threaded valves and parts ... prevents an overly long combination of unnecessary fittings. Some valves come with the bulkhead fitting.

If you need dimensions I could measure when I get home.

Thanks Shipfaced! It will be a bit before I tackle this project, but have been researching. How's it been treating you? Doing well with it?

Do you just leave the lid a little loose to let the co2 escape or did you calk and drill an additional hole for an air lock?

Thanks,
Tac

Back