Accidentally left hops in my cabinet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConAcide

Reaction score
About a week ago, I week to my LHBS. Bought a bunch of stuff and put it in my cabinet. This morning I opened up my cabinet just to verify I had everything to brew later today and realized that I accidentally left my hops (pellet) in the cabinet rather than the fridge.

Should I be okay to use them, or no? They were left in a dark cabinet at around 75 degrees F. I can buy new hops, I just don't want to if I can help it. If it matters, Saaz pellet hops.

my hops came in snail mail obviously not refrigerated, and smelled exactly the same.

i'd say you're good, but you probably want to wait for multiple opinions.

Refrigeration (esp freezing) is ideal for long term storage but the packaging is designed to preserve them effectively for quite a while. They rode on an 18 wheeler with no temp control to get to your LHBS for at least a few days.

About a week ago, I week to my LHBS. Bought a bunch of stuff and put it in my cabinet. This morning I opened up my cabinet just to verify I had everything to brew later today and realized that I accidentally left my hops (pellet) in the cabinet rather than the fridge.

Should I be okay to use them, or no? They were left in a dark cabinet at around 75 degrees F. I can buy new hops, I just don't want to if I can help it. If it matters, Saaz pellet hops.
They will eventually get old, but not in that short time. Exposure to air is the most damaging. But what you have is not an issue

Back