Accelerators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSundog

Reaction score
"Contains a special blend of selected wine yeast mixed with 3 different nutrient salts. When added with the standard 5g yeast package contained in most wine kit add-packs, will reduce the fermentation time from 21 to 5 days, with minimal loss of bouquet or taste. Will ferment wine kits in 7 days."

Does this stuff work? What's the catch?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A6TATZQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. But, what's the rush? The thing I found in wine making that really helps make a difference is More Time.....not less. I quit "timing" my wines and started using my hydrometer to tell me when it's done....not the instructions....not the calendar....it's done when it's done.

And then you continue to add more time.....instructions may say rack in ten days...I might wait thirty days and let it settle out even more. Again, I find just helps me make better wine.

Where it tough for me is after I bottle it.....now it needs even more time....but, I wanna drink it now! I'm learning wine making is not a fast paced hobby.

The ingredients show that the yeast is the aggressive champagne yeast that many folk on this forum choose as their first choice but that most wine makers choose as their last call (to repair a stuck fermentation) and in addition there are fining agents which will help to clear the wine... But what in fact are we talking about here? Most wines will ferment from 1.090 to 1.000 or lower in about 7 - 10 days... Clearing may take months and aging even longer - so if the package contains fining agents like chitosan (from shell fish)- a positively charged agent and Kieselsol (a negatively charged agent) then that would act to help clear your wine. As a vegetarian I won't touch the chitosan and anyway I prefer to allow my wines to clear gently over time... But hey! if time is money and you are in a rush to empty your carboy... this may be what you are looking for...

Back