Abundance of Hallertu & Tettnager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyro

Reaction score
I picked up about 4 oz of each (pellets) a while ago, and havn't really found a recipe for them. They have been stored properly in the freezer, but they are getting older. Don't want to waste them and I'd love to try to brew a new style. I love IPA's, dark and stronger beers and I don't think that these hops will fit into any of those types ofrecipes. Any ideas?

If they are between 4-5% AA you could use them and make a couple different Hefe's. I know thats not the style you suggested but Ive made a few great hefes with Hallertau and Tett.

Any German ale or lager could be made with those hops. Hefeweizen, Alt, Kolsch, German Pilsner, Helles, Dunkels, Bock...

All the German styles recommended here are good ideas, and they are the traditional beers that use these hops.

But you can do anything with them. They would work well in a Belgian-style pale ale or even an English pale ale or English IPA.

I'd think about a nice deep malty Amber and a Belgian Pale Ale. you could do those and still have some hops left over for another batch or two.

If they were mine, this is the time of year to brew a Miabock and Hallertau and Tettnager are just the ticket for the Hops bill.

Latest posts

Back