About to move, beer in primary, new keg kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

averageJoe576

Reaction score
Got keys to new place today, plan to "officially" move Sunday, still have old place for a week but prefer to move it all this weekend.

2 batches in primaries, just hit the 2 week mark, which is when I'd normally bottle, but..

Got a 2 keg/hose/co2 kit for xmas. Not keezer yet (fishing for a deal on CL) but hope to have one soon, wife approved use of fridge at the new place for a few days if needed.

How would you do it? Keg at old place, immediately move, then carb/refridgerate? Does it need to be refrigerated right away or can it sit at room temp for a day or two first? Any other considerations?

Move it all, let the beer sit in fermenter another week to settle, or if it’s ready to keg, set up kegerator at new Place, keg the beer and remove oxygen then put kegs on pressure at new Place

Move it all, let the beer sit in fermenter another week to settle, or if it’s ready to keg, set up kegerator at new Place, keg the beer and remove oxygen then put kegs on pressure at new Place

Thanks, I am ready to keg so I'll plan to keg, then remove the oxygen, then move (that's what you meant right?). Good call on the oxygen, hadn't thought of that.

Yes sir, I hate moving

But you’ll have cold beer to look forward to

Just go ahead and keg right before you move your stuff.
It would really only take less than 20 mins.

Because... have you ever tried to move a full fermenter? I have. Kegs are easier.

Just go ahead and keg right before you move your stuff.
It would really only take less than 20 mins.

Because... have you ever tried to move a full fermenter? I have. Kegs are easier.
Yeah, that's what I wanted to do, but its my first time kegging and didn't know if I was overlooking anything.

Keg it and add about an ounce or two of priming sugar. Then let it sit at room temp till you get your keezer. Will start the carbonation process, just like in a bottle, and the yeast will take up any oxygen that's in the keg. When you do hook up to co2, keg will be ready to drink quicker.

Back