A419 Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to replace the internal thermostat in an upright freezer with the A419 that was on my old keezer. For that installation, the thermostat was located near the compressor and all the wires were available. The thermostat on this upright freezer is located away from the rest of the wiring. It only used the switched wire and was grounded to the internal steel wall.

The A419 uses a neutral for its power source. I’d like to avoid running a neutral to the location and just use the existing wiring, but doubt that it would be safe. I’d have to use the ground strap for the neutral connection in the A419. I don’t know what kind of load the A419 pulls or if that even matters when it comes to safety.

Anyone with control wiring experience who can help me out?

Is your A419 different than mine??? Both of mine required no wiring or thermostat replacement whatsoever, just plug-and-play.

image_619.jpg

No, it's not pre-wired. I was hoping for a clean installation with the A419 replacing the original thermostat.

So, yeah. That was me being lazy. I'm confident that it would have worked, but bare feet on the basement floor and the prospect of death changed my mind. Wired everything back to the compressor with the proper neutral. :eek:

Latest posts

Back