A simple digital Taplist solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is pretty neat and priced just right for my cheapness. The only thing I'd love to see is getting the data to stick. I was looking to run it on my Raspberry Pi that runs CraftBeerPi which I use to manage my fermentation Freezer and my kegerator. Thought I'd put a display on it as it sits on my kegerator. However, I then thought why not put it on my Synology NAS as a website... alas the persistent data gets me.
So any thoughts on persisting data between the Pi, phone, and my computer would be fantastic. I can reverse proxy the NAS to my wordpress/website, that would be helpful.

I love this. I have a couple questions.
How can I rearrange taps that have already been added and rename taps to not have a number if it’s a bottle or if it’s a uKeg or the like instead of on the keezer?
Also, any update on potential Brewfather integration?

This is great but could you put it into something like git? bonus credit to check in each version you have saved so we can track changes over time :)

Has anyone tried to run this on cheap hardware like a raspi zero w? My local micro center has a ton of pi zero W for $15 but raspi 4b are $55 and hard to get. Also the raspi zero W uses verry little power and might be able to run it off a usb port on the TV.

Resurrecting the dead here, but thank you for this!! I'm building a new keezer and this will be so much nicer than my old chalkboard that my guests always seem to smudge somehow.

I have a couple requests / suggestions if you ever decide to play with it in the future:

1) Can you get the color in the poured / remaining keg to match the SRM? OCD is killing me on this one.

2) Perhaps a number under or inside the 3 glasses to match the pour settings? (8oz, 12oz, 16oz etc) We have open bar on party nights, and I'm not guarding the keezer ... but I could easily teach my guests to tap the little glass based on how much they pour so my remaining amounts don't get WAY off.

Thanks again!

Back