A Shout-Out to Asheville, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, a single BS web poll does not make them the winner.

Yeah...it doesn't. I don't even know how I came across the article, really. I just thought it was interesting. It's kind of worthless imho to even worry about ranking. It's all good... :mug:

I have not been to many other "beer citys" but I must say Asheville has an awesome beer scene. The craft brew scene has just exploded here and the city has taken well to it, I mean with like 11 good breweries in the city limits............... its pretty nice!

I have not been to many other "beer citys" but I must say Asheville has an awesome beer scene. The craft brew scene has just exploded here and the city has taken well to it, I mean with like 11 good breweries in the city limits............... its pretty nice!

The Asheville scene is cool. Especially for a city of less than 75k. But NC as a whole is doing its part. Last year at the Asheville Film Festival I got to watch a screening of the documentary "Beer Y'all." It's pretty much a free-for-all road trip but gives a decent account of what's happening in the state of NC in terms of local craft beer. I recommend anyone to take the time to check it out. It's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asheville is deserving of the title. Bruisin' Ales plus like 5 different breweries in a city of 75K. Can't wait til my next trip.

Asheville is deserving of the title. Bruisin' Ales plus like 5 different breweries in a city of 75K. Can't wait til my next trip.

Definitely more than just 5 breweries.

Wedge
Lexington Avenue Brewery
Asheville Brewing Company
Craggie Brewing Company
Oyster House Brewing Company
Pisgah
French Broad
Highland
Appalachian Craft Brewery
Green Man

That's just off of the top of my head.

yeah, a single BS web poll does not make them the winner.

Your just jealous cause you lost. LOSER! hahahahaha. Were Beer City and your not! Na na na na na na! :ban: At least you cry yourself to sleep watching Anchorman after you have spent another consistently sunny day at Sea World.

Hey. what use is it being Beer City USA if you can't brag about it. ;)

Back