A sad day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynn

Reaction score
I have always been a big mustang fan ever since my mom came home with a brand new 67. For years I have dreamed of having a stang of my own. In 02 I picked up a 2000 gt with the intention building it up and passing it to my son. Over the years I had added 13000.00 in modifications such as long tube headers, high lift cams, port and polished heads. 3.5 yrs ago a rocker arm fractured causing the engine to fail. Two weeks later i lost my job and was out of work for 2 years and like a lot of people I had to take a job at a 50% pay cut so we could survive. This morning while I was brewing two guys saw the front end on my stang peeking out from under its cover and asked if it was for sale. It broke my heart to see it towed away.

Oh man, I do feel for you. I know what dreams were under that cover.

But don't dwell on that too long. Of all the things we plan and attempt, there are successes and failures. It's normal and you have to accept that. Look at the things you have accomplished. Whether big or small, they are your accomplishments and you should be proud.

Regarding your son, you'd be surprised what little things that you've done will be important to him later. The material things rust and go away, but memories of fishing or bowling with dad last forever.

The worst part was later this afternoon as i was taking my son to chuck y cheese to celebrate his reading skills, he noticed the car was gone and asked what happened to it. When i told him i sold it he looked at me and said "but that was our car." The little guy is only 7 yrs old. The cars been under cover for 1/2 his life. I never told him of my plans for it. It took all my strength to keep it together When he looked up at me and asked if I could get it back.

There will be more cars. The world is full of pony cars. Maybe next time, you can get him one of these:

2004-Pontiac-GTO-Ram-Air-6-F-Track-1024x768.jpg

I feel your pain. Thirteen years ago I had to part with my first car a 65 Mustang convertible with a 289. I rode my bike to work at Mcdonalds after school everyday to save up and buy this car. I keep telling myself I will own another one, someday.

I've always loved the mustang, since before I could remember. I have one now and am enjoying the VERY SLOW restoration process. It would suck to see if gone, but under your circumstances I'd do the same thing. Maybe in a few years something will happen to bring another mustang back into your life. Maybe your son will remember the car and buy one when he grows up and you guys will get to work on it together again.

This reminds me I need to get my daughter out to the garage soon and get back to cleaning the engine parts so we can put it back together. She's mostly a girly girl, but I think she would love to help and maybe learn something.

Latest posts

Back