A Quick Question about PB2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeflonTom

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am currently trying to create a new recipe for a peanut butter chocolate stout (very daring and original, yes) but I have known about the use of PB2 near end boil or even fermentation. I was looking at throwing my portion in at the end of the boil, but I have a question about it. I got my idea from watching Martin Keen's "The Homebrew Challenge" video (credited below) and at the end of the boil going into fermentation he speaks about how he believes the PB2 may have contributed to boosting his OG target of 1.052 to 1.060. So, my question is, is there anyway to calculate the PPG contribution of PB2 into the recipe, or has anyone calculated it's use already?

FWIW, the ingredients indicate 0.46 carbs by weight, but Martin adds it at the end of the boil, not into the mash.
Sugars are only 0.15 by weight.

FWIW, the ingredients indicate 0.46 carbs by weight, but Martin adds it at the end of the boil, not into the mash.
Sugars are only 0.15 by weight.
So, would that be a direct translation to avg. ppg? If I were to pitch in 3lbs of it and calculated it for a 6gal batch 0.15 x (3/6) = 0.075 points would that be correct? Or would that not matter as it is in the boil and not calculated as a whole to the PPG of the mash?

Back