A new birthday tradition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frolickingmonkey

Reaction score
I recently decided that every year, my birthday will be a brew day. Brewing on my birthday is already a great gift on it's own, but it gets even better... I brew a high gravity beer and age it for an entire year, sampling the first bottle on my next birthday. This year, the beer is/was an imperial stout inspired by The Abyss and this thread. I haven't decided if I'm going to do a riff on the same recipe year after year, but it would be fun to do vertical tastings of my birthday brews after a few more years.

Does anyone else do something like this? I think everyone should...
:mug:

I've done the same brown ale 3 times, just not on any specific dates. Haven't done the vertical tasting yet, but i plan on it on the 1st brew's 1 year mark.

I think that's a great idea.

On Teach a Friend from Homebrew day last Nov, I was talking to a guy, who on his 45 birthday brewed a Barely wine and made a batch of mead to be opened on his 50th birthday.

I turn 45 this summer, I am considering doing the same thing.

That is a very good idea! My birthday is comming up the middle of next month and that seems like a great thing to do. You have just inspired me to make my first Barely Wine :mug:

Back