A lot of bottle trub- will cooling it help...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peroua15

Reaction score
I used a bottling bucket as my primary fermenter. Once the beer was done, I noticed the trub was just below the spigot hole, so I used the spigot itself for bottling directly from the bottling bucket (my fermenter). I noticed that after one day there is about 1/4-1/3 inch of sediment on the bottom. There is also some particles floating on top and sediment rises through the solution when I lift a bottle. The beer is still pretty hazy obviosuly. After 3 weeks of room temp bottle conditioning and then a week or two in the fridge will this haze and sediment settle to get a thick stable sludge on the bottom? Will it really affect my beer if i pour carefully? Does more than 'a little' trub have negative affects on a beer?

The cold will help the beer clear. If you pour slowly you shouldn't disturb the sediment. I'm not sure how compact it will get but you beer shouldn't be hurt if you carb them up and then keep them cool. Let them sit a week. Cool one try it. If it's carbed okay cool them all.

Latest posts

Back