A little help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamamckay

Reaction score
I just finished off my first batch of cider. It was awesome! I mainly made it for my wife but, I was totally surprised how much I liked it! Upon advice from my LHBS I added 2 lbs of corn sugar (dextrose). For my next batch I want to try to experiment and make a cider lower in alcohol for drinking allot of in the summer months. My question is this; if I leave out the sugar will the resulting cider taste any different from the first attempt in which I added sugar?

It might have even more Apple flavor and mouth feel. The high alcohol Apple wines I've made have less Apple flavor and a more watery feel.

Did u back sweeten? Carbonate?

I back sweetened with frozen concentrate Apple juice and keged and carbed. It was so good I don't want the taste to change much leaving out the corn sugar.

Adding sugar at the start of fermentation will not add sweetness, it will only raise the % ABV. Try without sugar (starting gravity will be about 1.050), and then backsweeten as you did on this batch.

Great I'll do that. thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back