A few keezer build question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wit2003

Reaction score
Hey everyone, been doing quite a bit of reading on keezer builds and excited to finally start my own. Here is a quick model i made so i could visualize what it may look like.

Now the first question i have, is has anyone built an L shaped bar like this where the freezer top has to hinge but also appear as though its all one bar?

Don't mind the coffin style etc, it was a quick sketch....I am a visual kind of guy :p

I like your idea, but unfortunately the space where the bar is going really wouldnt accomodate that very well.

I think it will work just fine and look great too. You may want to incorporate some way to adjust the whole freezer height like a close washing machine (screw in legs). This will make getting the counter and the keezer top flush much easier. I've used plow bolts for adjustable legs before. They heads have a flat head and a square.
Plow%20Bolt.jpg

^^ Good call on the height adjustability...

I will have to see if the freezer has this capability already.

made some progress over the weekend...

Next up is the face and top of the bar as well as figuring out the design of the coffin.

Managed to get the shelves done last night.

Hoping to get the sides closed up either this weekend or this coming week.

Still need to decide what I want my coffin to look like:p

Hard to see the back, but will it be relatively easy to remove the freezer when it goes kaput?

Looks great though so far.

It wont be easy, but it wont be impossible either. In theory I should be able to "slide" the whole freezer section right out and replace it....and as long as whatever freezer would go in is the same size its a very simple swap.

Did a little bit more work on the bar today...

Thought it would be a nice touch to build a holder for some of my nicer glasses.

There is probably going to be a small section that stays uncovered...unless I can figure out a way to cover it and not interfere with the back face of the bar.

Hoping to get the rest of the top and coffin done in the next few days...

The plan is to paint it and then most likey trim it up with some shadow boxes...per the request of SWMBO :p

Decided to build my coffin with the possible upgrade to 8 taps if desired.

My wood skills are not great by any stretch of the imagination, but im definitely learning a bit as I go. Good thing for trim!! :mug:

Are you using some sort of a piano hinge to allow access to the inside of the keezer? Looking go so far. Great to see the progress.

my plan was to have the top mounted to the freezer door as you see and then just utilize the freezer hinges to make everything open. There will be a small gap on the face of the bar doing this though

Got the holes for the taps done at work during lunch

getting closer and closer to completion....or at least functionality...

Anyone have a suggestion on how to plug the 2 outer holes? I made my coffin sized for 8 taps for future use, but going with only 6 for now.

The PVC pipe is 3.5" diameter.

I think what i may do for that gap is bolt in a piece to match the face and just unbolt it before i need to open the freezer. Id rather deal with a small gap than a huge one.

Was wondering what you used to attach the wood 2X4's to the top of the freezer? Liquid Nails?

Looks great BTW!

Thanks,
Jim

Back