A better way to hook up a Beer Gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed the same thing you did. Here are the parts I purchased...

Quick Disconnect - Gas - MFL end (QD-G-MFL - 07C07115ih) $4.75
Nylon Flare Fitting Washers (Nylon Flare Washers) Flare Fitting Washers 04E04291ih $0.96
Flare Male Swivel Nut Branch "T" (Flare Branch T) SS MFL x MFL x Swivel SSBrnchT - 04C03261ih $6.99
Adapter - Cornelius Keg Posts 1/4"FFL x 19/32"-18 (Plug Adaptor - 04C03317ih) $8.49
Cornelius & AEB - Spartan - Super Champion. Gas IN (TankPlug-CorneliusGAS-15C07115ih) $9.15

Here's what I did -- couldn't find the MFL splitter easily so I just got a stainless tee instead. I also got AiH's accessory kit #1 for the gas connection and spliced the tee into that.

wJC2Cu2.jpg

VUn4gsU.jpg

Here's my cart from homebrewing.org. You only need one of the gas posts, I got a second one to replace one that was acting up on one of my kegs.

Yj1YTlT.png

If you're not in a hurry, I'm thinking you could save a few bucks by going with one of the stainless carbonation caps from China that have a ball lock post on one end and a barb on the other. One of those could replace the post, plug adapter, and barb.

Very nice build, especially the idea to thread the connector into the top of the gas post! It looks like a high quality solution. I ended up doing something a bit differently but it has proven to be a worthwhile change.

beer-gun-11.jpg

I noticed the same thing you did. Here are the parts I purchased...

Quick Disconnect - Gas - MFL end (QD-G-MFL - 07C07115ih) $4.75
Nylon Flare Fitting Washers (Nylon Flare Washers) Flare Fitting Washers 04E04291ih $0.96
Flare Male Swivel Nut Branch "T" (Flare Branch T) SS MFL x MFL x Swivel SSBrnchT - 04C03261ih $6.99
Adapter - Cornelius Keg Posts 1/4"FFL x 19/32"-18 (Plug Adaptor - 04C03317ih) $8.49
Cornelius & AEB - Spartan - Super Champion. Gas IN (TankPlug-CorneliusGAS-15C07115ih) $9.15

I know I'm reviving an old thread but this exact parts list is what you need. All links are still good!

I just use a separate 5# tank with a crappy regulator. For the beer line, I use this crafty tip on my Intertap flow control faucet. Works great, and I don't need a long line to control foam!

20170520_134124.jpg

I just use a separate 5# tank with a crappy regulator. For the beer line, I use this crafty tip on my Intertap flow control faucet. Works great, and I don't need a long line to control foam!

That is terribly slick. What kind of adaptor did you need to hook up the ball lock fitting?

Nice job itsgus! We're going to assemble a few of these and have them available in the shop (Pacific Brewing Supplies in San Dimas, CA). Looks like retail on the whole assembly will be about $35.

Back