8 days...flat beer...helppppp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoffHaines

Reaction score
Gents,

I'm on my 8th day of this beer being in the keg. I'm working with the metric system because I currently live in Germany; however that shouldn't make a difference. I've had the beer pressurized at .725 BAR or roughly 10.5-11PSI (from my calculations) for the last 8 days. I just gave it a little taste and its much less carbonated than I expected after 8 days.

*caveat- I'm new to kegging.

Any help or advice?

Chill the beer to at 3C and bump the pressure up some. Some beers seem to want to take their time for me too using the set and forget method.

What temperature is the beer? Makes a huge difference in the amount of co2 that can be dissolved.

The temp is at 38-39 (4C); however, the first four days I was at the same pressure but the beer was at room temp (dry hopping). I should have mentioned that- sorry.

I cooled it down just a bit and increased the pressure to 0.9 BAR (13 PSI)

So you actually only have four days of the set and forget method. This can take two to three weeks.

If you want to speed it up increase the pressure at your current temperature to 30 psi, whatever the bar equivalent is, for 24 to 48 hours and then drop it back to the serving/carbonation level pressure you want. Of course relieve the excess pressure first and then try a pour.

As was said temperature and pressure go hand in hand. There are charts around here somewhere. I printed one and keep it on a shelf beside the kegorator.

I'd give it at least two weeks at proper temp and pressure to achieve desired co2 volumes before testing. Just gotta be patient

I've had the same experience of >8-10 days at keezer temp (38F for me) before its properly carbed.

Back