• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California 8.5 Gallon Kettle, 2 Immersion Chillers, Darkstar 2.0 Burner (Bay Area)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Poggetti

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy! I have four items I'm looking to get rid of. Selling super cheap because I mostly just want to free up the space in the garage. I don't feel like shipping anything so locals only please!

$20 - 8.5 Gallon Morebeer Kettle - Includes Brewhardware Sightglass (with homemade heat shield), Thermometer, 3 piece ball valve. Please note, I previously had a whirlpool return fitting, but have since moved that to another kettle. That hole has a weldless plug in it, and does not leak... A few inches from the top.

$10 - 2 homemade copper immersion chillers. One is 25' with a garden hose inlet and 3/8" barb out, and one is 50' with two 1/2" barb fittings, in and out. Basically, I made the 25 footer when I started, then when I started making bigger batches I daisy chained the 25' in an ice bath and put the 50' in the wort. Worked pretty good, but fittings might be a bit leaky. Probably worth fixing.

$20 - Darkstar 2.0 Burner - Well used but works great. Paint is peeling, but worked like a champ for my 2 years using it.

If you want everything, swing by and take it all $30.

I am located in San Mateo, CA, 20 minutes south of San Francisco. I also work in San Francisco, so if you want to pick up during the week, I can bring to the office. Hope to hear from you!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 64
I hate living south of the Bay :*(

I want that kettle, and I think my friend who is getting back into brewing would want that burner and chiller...I'll see if I can twist his arm into going up to get everything.

Ah fudge it, I'll buy it all, and make the pilgrimage to San Mateo. Are you free on Thursday afternoon/early evening? I'll be in Santa Cruz for work until 4-5pm or so and can fight my way up there afterwards.

Back