7 weeks until Spring Training Trip...Need your thoughts.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerme72

Reaction score
So I am going to be brewing my second batch this weekend (a cream ale) and I am planning on taking it with me on a trip to AZ for Spring Training. I have a total of 7 weeks before we leave and want to get some opinions on how to break that up. 4 weeks in fermentor / 3 in bottle? 3 then 4? I am assuming that Fermentation will last about a week or 2 but like the idea of letting it stand for at least an extra week.

What do you pros think?

Its your choice really.Its up to the yeast to decide also.Usually the more time the better. If i were to do 4 and i had the bottles conditioning well at 70-75 deg. I would check them in 2 weeks. But 3 and 3 is good.the yeast have to go through the same process with the priming sugar to carb as they do in primary.They just have a head start and less of a buffet.
The beer will conditon more on the yeast cake so as far as 3-4 or 4-3 your teetering between a more conditoned beer but maybe not full carbed yet or a fully carbed beer that could use more conditioning.Either way this could be wrong too because the yeast will do what they want to do really.Temperature is an influence on how fast the bottles will carb also.
If i had more patience i would do 4 weeks and 3 bottle.But ive been doing 3 and 3-4 and its all working out pretty good. My bottle cond. temps are under 70 though and i have a pipeline so im ok with just letting them sit.
Im not a pro though just a guy who likes brewing beer and listening to the pros suggestions.

Back