7 gal coolers for AG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halldawg

Reaction score
I have seen alot of people talk about the 5 gal being alittle small for bigger beers, looking at doing the 7gal and moving up from stove top brewing. Is there too much head room in the 7 gal? Loose heat? I do beers mostly with 8-14lbs of grain. Thanks, I will hang up and listen to your answers. :)

I don't see a problem with 7gal. I do both large and small beers in my 10gal and there's always a good amount of headspace and I haven't had problems.

I have seen alot of people talk about the 5 gal being alittle small for bigger beers, looking at doing the 7gal and moving up from stove top brewing. Is there too much head room in the 7 gal? Loose heat? I do beers mostly with 8-14lbs of grain. Thanks, I will hang up and listen to your answers. :)

Hell, I did a 10 lb. grain batch in a 62 qt. cooler with no issue so I'd say you shouldn't worry.

Back