• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Connecticut 52 gallon System + 3 burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshrat

Reaction score
Selling my 52 gallon system tanks, burners and kegs. Includes:

Sparge tank with integral heat exchange coil built in
Mash tun with false bottom and recirculation return pipe
Boiler with SS boilover band to extend top of boil tank
Primary fermentation tank
Closed secondary fermentation tank with integral draw tube
(2) 65k BTU burners for Sparge and Mash
(1) 180kBTU hell fire burner for Boiler
1/2" manifold to connect all three burners and run off of 1 propane tank

I have been brewing with a partner on this system for over 20 years. It has made 1000's of gallons of beer and is well maintained. Would love to see it go to a couple of brewers or even a small club.

Asking $3500 obo for the system, with an option to purchase (10) pin lock Corneys with the system for an additional $400

Unfortunately I will not part out
I will post photos shortly

Actually if you start with a 52 gallon batch, the yield is approximately 45-48 gallons depending on how fast you are on the propane valve when the system starts to boil over. So really it is a 1-1/2 barrel system.

The smallest batch I've made with it was a 15 gallon batch. 30 gallons is really comfortable. The system is very versatile though. On several occasions we have over-mashed the capacity and sent the first running's to a separate 15 gallon boiler. Then we send another 52 gallons to the main boiler for a gross volume of 65 gallons. We do this when we want to make a Barleywine/Porter combination or a Trippel/Belgian blond ale combination. It's a long day but usually worth it.

The above mentioned 15 gallon batch was part of an epic 4 batch day with (4) 15 gallon boilers running. First runnings-->Barleywine; Second runnings-->Chocolate Stout; Third runnings--> Cherry porter; Fourth runnings--> light brown ale. The nice thing is you have the flexibility to do whatever you want. Most of the time though we just make 52 gallons of one beer, to be split between 2 brewers. Saves time over doing three batches to get the same volume.

Posting photos of the setup and the fermenters.....

52 Gal setup.jpg

25'coil inside sparge tank.JPG

Mash Tun with false bottom and recirculator return line.JPG

Open Primary Fermenter with lid.JPG

closed secondary w draw tube.JPG

Here's some action photos - some were before we upgraded the burner stands

Pumps and hoses setup.jpg

just starting to boil.jpg

boilover-foam blowoff.jpg

Homegrown Hops!.jpg

Latest posts

Back