5 # co2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Provided you have no leaks....it should last many 1/2 barrel kegs. Ours usually go faster because we are using the CO2 to carb home brew. Your just going to use it to push. No worries.

If it's full and inside your kegerator, you should get about 6 kegs out of it. If it's outside, you'll be able to get a couple more.

Ok great thanks. I've used it for force carbing and to serve my home brew but for some reason wasn't sure about the bigger 1/2 barrel keg. Wanting to use my set up home brew and commercial keg at my wedding didn't want to BOMB !! Lol

Cheers to all !! Drink one for me.

If it's full and inside your kegerator, you should get about 6 kegs out of it. If it's outside, you'll be able to get a couple more.

Having the tank inside or outside the kegerator doesn't change the amount of CO2 in the tank.

Having the tank inside or outside the kegerator doesn't change the amount of CO2 in the tank.

It does change the efficiency at which you use that CO2 though. Or at least it has for me in the past. When I moved my tank outside of my kegerator, I was getting a couple more half barrels out of it.

No it doesn't. It changes nothing except the vapor pressure inside the tank while there's still liquid CO2. Unless you need to dispense your CO2 above 500-600 psi, there's absolutely no difference.

Latest posts

Back