5/16 barbs with 5/16 lines still spin when using clamps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khillian

Reaction score
+1 on that, Jekeane gave you very good advice. I do the same, oetiker clamps all the time, I use them on my liquid lines also. You may want to go with barbed swivel nuts and flare connections also instead of straight barbs, but if not that is ok just try those oetiker clamps and it will be rock solid with no leaks.

John

Typically I'll undersize a gas line when making a connection. I.e., if using a 1/4" line I'll use a 5/16" barb, heat the line and slip it over the bard.

Oetiker are my choice as well. I buy them on ebay. You have to know what size you need though.

Generally, you can buy them in bags of 50 for about $10 (free shipping) on ebay... or $0.50 a piece from your lhbs. The lhbs markup is ridiculous.

Here's a good link with multiple sizes and prices:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...l1313.TR0.TRC0.X261953289049&sqp=261953289049

I use nippers to close them up. Basically the same thing the lhbs sells. You can buy them at harbor freight for like $3.

:mug:

Back