47 hops anyone order from them

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sent a email I never got shipping information yet but I received a email saying "i hope your enjoying your hops" seems to be that some people are receiving emails with tracking and some arent.

Still waiting for mine as well. Doesn't even show up under my account info.
A Facebook post on the 21st said:
We appreciate everybody’s patience regarding orders they have placed but not yet received. In this world of Amazon Prime and next day deliveries none of us are used to waiting so long on deliveries, us included, so we can only imagine your frustration.

There has been a lot of speculation online as to the reason for such slow delivery times. It’s really just due to the overwhelming volume of orders. I know that sounds boring, but it’s true.

We will get to everybody’s order. Our crew is working overtime all week this week and we’re getting some backup in to help process your orders so you can all enjoy your hops soon.

Yea I didn't make a account I just purchased as a guest. I'm not in a super hurry but I'd like some information you know...

I wrote email today and they responded back they said there about 2 weeks behind I even gave my order number and I too ordered on the 15th

emailed today, got a response saying that they were currently boxing and shipping orders placed on the 17th. I ordered the 18th so I guess I still need to be patient.....

Took about 3 weeks, but I finally got my 2-1/2 pounds of hops yesterday. Well worth the wait!

13.5# of hops arrived today. Ordered 5/16, I think.
20180609_134828.jpeg

Got my two pounds today, ordered 5/16 but they shipped me a half pound of mandarina instead of the huell melon I ordered. The other 3 half pounds were good as ordered

Got my two pounds today, ordered 5/16 but they shipped me a half pound of mandarina instead of the huell melon I ordered. The other 3 half pounds were good as ordered

Tell them about their mistake. I may be mistaken, but I think they're required to ship the correct item at no charge and you're not required to return the wrong item (long ago companies would run scams and ship incorrect merchandise to fraudulently pad sales).

Tell them about their mistake. I may be mistaken, but I think they're required to ship the correct item at no charge and you're not required to return the wrong item (long ago companies would run scams and ship incorrect merchandise to fraudulently pad sales).
Yep already shot them an email. They were super responsive when I asked about the delay in shipping before so I would be surprised if it was any different now. We shall see come Monday

Yep already shot them an email. They were super responsive when I asked about the delay in shipping before so I would be surprised if it was any different now. We shall see come Monday

update: they are shipping me the huell no charge, and of course letting me keep the mandarina. pretty awesome service if i must say so

Just got an email from them, basically stating that shipping data has been sent to Fedex.

Ordered May 24.
17 days so far, estimated delivery on Saturday 6/16.

Better make some space in that freezer...

Just got an email from them, basically stating that shipping data has been sent to Fedex.

Ordered May 24.
17 days so far, estimated delivery on Saturday 6/16.

Better make some space in that freezer...

Don't hold your breath for those hops. It was about a week after I received shipping data that the hops actually shipped.

May 24 - Ordered 12 pounds, received order notification/invoice.
June 9 - Got notification that a shipping tag was created.
June 15 - They actually shipped, in transit now.
Routing from WA to OR then to Houston, TX and on to MD from there.
I had never considered a southern route as a viable alternative. :tank:

Expected delivery June 21 June 22.

==> Received June 22. Awesome!

That gives me a bit more time to defrost the chest freezer.

Last edited:
I just received my 12# of hops today as ordered. Looks good, well packaged!
About half the bags are vacuum sealed and hard, the rest are just sealed but soft. Doesn't look those were ever vacuum sealed, so it's not a broken seal.

I gather those soft bags are likely Nitrogen flushed, does anyone know for sure? Thanks!

5/22: Ordered 9lbs - all 0.5lbs packages, $2.24 each.
6/8: Recieved email with tracking number.
6/15: Package picked up by FedEx
6/21: Package delivered by FedEx

None of my packages came in those colorful bags; silver mylar. Only half were vacuum packed hard. The others were at varying degrees of vacuum. I opened all those up and placed in a FoodSaver bag to draw a tight vacuum before placing in the freezer.

Fuggle, Tettnanger, Mandarina Bavaria, Crystal all looked and smelled great. No cheese here.

Prices are triple now and no 0.5lbs available.
That was a great sale and glad I got in.
Thanks to this forum!

Regarding my inquiry on the few soft bags I received, wondering if those were Nitrogen flushed instead of vacuum sealed, this is the reply I got from 47Hops' customer service (Amanda):
I talked to the warehouse manager and he said nothing to worry about as this happens sometimes in the shipment process and that is why we choose the shipping method we do because the hops will not be out of cold storage and exposed for more then a couple of days. As long as you have refrigerated them right away they will be good.
That sounds really strange, since the bags are not leaking. There's no smell of hops anywhere in that package. I emailed them back for more clarification.

Stay tuned...

I vacuum seal my hops in foodsaver bags.
I find that if I draw a vacuum with the pellets still frozen, they can poke tiny holes in the bags and the vacuum is lost.
Never had the seal give.

I don't have a vacuum sealer, but I do purge the bags with CO2 after dispensing, roll up the flap tightly while squeezing as much air/gas out as I can, then tape it down. And back in the freezer they go. Although I've never had trouble with my hops that way, some are from the 2012 harvest (!) and still good, maybe it's time to look for a vacuum sealer. For sous vide cooking of course. ;)

I vacuum seal my hops in foodsaver bags.
I find that if I draw a vacuum with the pellets still frozen, they can poke tiny holes in the bags and the vacuum is lost.
Never had the seal give.
You just solved a mystery for me! I couldn't figure out why sometimes the sealed bags lost vacuum. I was packing them frozen....
Thanks FunkedOut.

Back