3gal recipe for apfelwein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunwolf

Reaction score
as I am still in a apartment for the next six months I only have my 3gal carboys at this time. I really want to make some of Ed Worts apfelwein.
anyone have a 3gal recipe,did I over look it somewhere? Thanks in advance.

as I am still in a apartment for the next six months I only have my 3gal carboys at this time. I really want to make some of Ed Worts apfelwein.
anyone have a 3gal recipe,did I over look it somewhere? Thanks in advance.

Are you serious?
The recipe is as simple as you can imagine. Just scale to your batch size. This is often scaled to 1gal or 6gal batches. Only thing that would not scale is the yeast.

Craig

Are you serious?
The recipe is as simple as you can imagine. Just scale to your batch size. This is often scaled to 1gal or 6gal batches. Only thing that would not scale is the yeast.

Craig

Not scale the yeast? uh oh... why? I made a 2.5 gal batch and used 2.5 grams of yeast... I thought I needed to halve the entire recipe...

Does that mean I have to put some more yeast in there? Or will it be ok?

The airlock's been bubbling away for three days.

I'm sure what you have done will be fine. There is just no reason to stress your yeast (under pitching) for the cost of a packet of yeast.

Does that mean I have to put some more yeast in there? Or will it be ok?

The airlock's been bubbling away for three days.
If its bubbling your fine. I would just use the whole packet because I wouldnt bother saving it but what you did was fine but you can use the whole thing next time if you want.

Ok, thanks guys... and, this is a little embarrassing but I used half the yeast because I'm an inexperienced noob and I thought that was the correct thing to do... I threw the other half of the yeast packet in the bin lol *embarrassed*

Edit: and I threw it in the bin because I wanted to only use fresh unopened yeast for each batch I do, not try to save a measely dollar worth of yeast... next time I will definitely chuck the whole lot in! thanks!

Back