3 wks and plenty of krausen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerD

Reaction score
Pitched a harvested starter of wyeast 1007 into a dry stout about 3 weeks ago. Went to rack it today and lo and behold, alot of krausen still. I've kept the batch in fermentation chamber trying to keep it at 63 but had to settle at 59 to 60. I just put the lid on and left it out of the chiller at a balmy 66 degrees. I'll check it in a week and see.

Pitched a harvested starter of wyeast 1007 into a dry stout about 3 weeks ago. Went to rack it today and lo and behold, alot of krausen still. I've kept the batch in fermentation chamber trying to keep it at 63 but had to settle at 59 to 60. I just put the lid on and left it out of the chiller at a balmy 66 degrees. I'll check it in a week and see.

Per the Wyeast website, that's slightly lower than the midpoint for the temp range on that yeast. I say +1 to giving the yeast time to do their magic.

Back