• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Indiana 3 Keggle eHerms complete brewery 120v $2000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosierbilly

Reaction score
Included is a 3 keggle eherms 120v brewery with four 2000w elements, BCS-460, two new SSRs, temp cables, two march pumps, Blichmann therminator, and SSBrewtech 14gal conical with FTSS temp control and cooler.

The reason I am selling is because I had both a 2bbl brewery and this 12gal brewery that I had been using depending on how much I wanted to brew and I decided to go with one setup for all brewing. I have sold my 2bbl stout tank brewery and now use a 1bbl stout tank brewery for everything, now getting around to selling this 12gal setup. The keggles are AB kegs. The HLT (far left) is powered by two 2000w 120v heating elements and has a temp sensor on the output valve and a 1/2"x50' stainless steel heat exchange coil. http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/HERMS-10-Coil-with-2-bends-50-x-12-OD-Tubing-304_p_30.html

The MT (in the middle) has the brewhardware hinged false bottom and dip tube and has a temp sensor on the output valve as well as one on the input valve. http://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/fb15hh.htm

The BK is powered by two 2000w 120v elements and has a temp sensor on the output valve, a place for a 1/2" threaded fitting, and a 1.5" triclamp fitting.

All 4 heating elements screw into the kegs, I had the lock nuts welded onto the outside of the kegs so the elements simply screw in and unscrew from the kegs and grounding bolts are present in in the keg skirts.
The HLT and MT are on their own wooden base and the BK is on its own wooden base. I use two march pumps with polysulfone heads (both included) in this setup, one to continuously recirculate the HLT and one to continuously recirculate the mash. For the boil I move one pump over to the wooden stand that holds the BK and this pump was used to recirculate through a counterflow chiller until the output temp of the BK is down to pitching temps. I used a counterflow chiller which I and using on my new rig and is not for sale but I am including a Blichmann Therminator.

With my design there are a few ways the water and wort can be routed. During the mash the water simply recirculates out of the bottom of the HLT and back into the top, while the mash recirculates out of the bottom of the MT, through the coil in the HLT, and then back into the top of the MT. I then batch sparge by draining the MT into the BK. Then instead of the water pumping into the top of the HLT it is routed into the bottom of the heat exchange coil, through the coil, and into the top of the MT to fill the MT back up with new sparge water. By doing this it cleans any wort out of the heat exchance coil with hot water. The mash is then recirculated for about 10 minutes, during this the valves to the heat exchange coil are closed and the wort bypasses the coil and gets pumped right back into the MT. This keeps the heat exchange coil clean and avoids further temp loss since the coil isn't submerged in water at this point. After about 10 min of recirculation this is then drained into the BK and it is ready to boil.

This setup can be operated manualy by turning the elements on and off by hand, I use the switch on surge protectors for this. This can also be operated and temps monitored using the BCS-460, SSR's, temp sensor cables, and temp cable extensions which are all included but would require wiring up a simple control box. The control box I was using was parted out and I don't have it anymore. All four temp sensors are 1/2" threads and can be swapped with thermometers to use without the BCS-460 to monitor temps.

In addition to the brewery, the fermentor is included which is a SSBrewtech 14gal conical with the FTSS temp controller and cooler.

http://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/fermenters/products/chronical-14-gallon-fermenter

http://www.ssbrewtech.com/collectio...ftss-temperature-control-for-14-gal-chronical

The fermentor in the picture next to the cooler is my 1bbl SSBrewtech that I now use, not the 14gal that is for sale. The 14gal for sale has only had 2 batches fermented in it and the cooling coil has not been used, only the pump and pump controller have been used to control temps on my 1bbl conical (but are included).

Also included are the pump heads and fittings (not shown in the pics). I am not wanting to part out the brewery but I would sell the brewery without the fermentor and cooler for $1300 and the fermentor and cooler for $700. Local pickup in central Indiana only.

Good luck,
Cheers

brewery.jpg

hltmt.jpg

hlt.jpg

MT.jpg

BK.jpg

element adapter.jpg

14gal.jpg

ftss.jpg

therminator.jpg

temp controler.jpg