3 batches in 1 day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UglyDude

Loud Mic
Reaction score
Wow! for National HB Day, I brewed 3 batches of the same kit, a nice blonde ale kit that I have bought frequently from my LHBS with much success.

I did 3 batches because I am providing beer for a small fundraising event. I expect to have plenty left over since there will likely be 100 people or so, but many will drink wine or cocktails. 150 pours should be plenty.

For consistency i brewed all 3 as individual batches, then split each into 3rds as i poured them into the fermenting buckets. then topped off with COLD water. All had nearly identical OG (which was slightly lower than anticipated). fermentation started nice and quick, less than 24 hours.

Once Fermentation is complete, I plan to pour them into the kegs the same wayt I mixed them in the fermenters. I'm excited to share with a large group for the first time.

Let's see how my math works compared to your math :)

3 batches of beer = 15 gallons = 56.7 litres

56 litres = 112 beers

35% of people don't like beer at all, another 35% like it a whole lot and the other 30% just like it, so with that math you need at least 1 portion for 100% of the people.

And if you drink 2 beers yourself, then you get to take 10 beers home! That's not plenty left over according to my math...

...unless you serve them something like this:

laziz_drink06.jpg

Wow! for National HB Day, I brewed 3 batches of the same kit, a nice blonde ale kit that I have bought frequently from my LHBS with much success.

We had a nice day in Fairfax VA a month ago between the snow and the rain... I had not summer beer so I did the same, three all grain batches.

I started at 7:30 AM and finished about 6:45 PM::::: and was I beat!!!!

All were low gravity beers to get me ready for Summer. I did an:

1. English Summer Ale
  2. Hefe Weissen
  3. Saison

For a total of about 33 gallons of beer.

I will be kegging all of it in a couple weeks.

DPB

We had a nice day in Fairfax VA a month ago between the snow and the rain... I had not summer beer so I did the same, three all grain batches.

I started at 7:30 AM and finished about 6:45 PM::::: and was I beat!!!!

All were low gravity beers to get me ready for Summer. I did an:

1. English Summer Ale
  2. Hefe Weissen
  3. Saison

For a total of about 33 gallons of beer.

I will be kegging all of it in a couple weeks.

DPB

Ha! I was beat too, luckily flor me, doing extract beers the time was shorter, started at 9 am, first kettle was done boinling by 11:30, last one by 2:00 If I had another kettle it would have gone much faster, but all that pouring of 5 gallon batches back and forth was killing my lower back. I'm looking forward to all the atta-boys

Back