3...2..1.. Best Stainless Fermentor for 10 gallon batches... GO!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been using Sabco's modified kegs for both fermentation and storage/bright for close to a year. And don't get me wrong.. LOVE these vessels.. however.. I wanted to see if anybody had any more economical suggestions while continuing to use stainless steel construction. It'd be great to hear from anybody who has purchased/used some of the alternatives to Sabco's vessels. Maybe time to go with a conical? :mug:

SS BREWTECH conical, great fermenters for the money and you can get their ftss temp controller to add to it if you don't have a fridge you can dedicate to fermentation temp controls.

1. SS construction
2. Longevity
3. Tri clamp connections
4. Pressurized transfer
5. Compact (relatively) for chest freezer temp. Control
6. Easy breakdown

1. SS construction
2. Longevity
3. Tri clamp connections
4. Pressurized transfer
5. Compact (relatively) for chest freezer temp. Control
6. Easy breakdown

+1 SS Brewtech 14 Gallon conical... The problem is your expectations are a bit unrealistic to find something to ferment 10 gallons within a chest freezer that also fits all the other criteria. Plus the benefits of a real conical design outweigh the benefits of the vessel fitting into a chest freezer; remember lifting that amount of weight into the freezer isn't all that practical anyway. I like your priority list, but forget about the chest freezer; if your serious about a SS conical fermentor, get serious about some of the other practical ways to control temps, i.e. FTSS, upright freezer, etc... Best of luck! Cheers!

+1 SS Brewtech 14 Gallon conical... remember lifting that amount of weight into the freezer isn't all that practical anyway.

Now who said anything about lifting!?!?! Co2 (pressurized) transferring my friend.

You do bring up excellent points- I hadn't considered going vertical (upright freezer) or the self regulating FTSs options. :rockin:

Early signs are pointing to SS Brewtech- anybody have a bad experience their products?

I think if I were in your position I'd ferment 5 gallons in 2 separate fermenters and pitch a different yeast for each. That way you get 2 beers from one brew day.

I have the brewershardware 15g. It is awesome! Since the feet are 1.5 TC I added another 2 feet (of length) to the legs for a sight tube at the bottom (not necessary but super cool to watch). If your trying to save a little money SSTech is making some really good equipment especially for the price..

You guys with the glass front True refrigerators suck. :p

Just kidding, I'm just jealous. I would really like to have one. I'll just stick with my chest freezer for the time being.

I have a 7 gallon SS Brewtech fermentor and love it, if the bigger one's are similar they have my vote.

Latest posts

Back