2nd fermenter dry hopping time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyquest85

Reaction score
I am working on a Pliny clone. It is about to be the two weeks in the second fermenter and is dry hopped. There is still a small layer of hops on the top of the beer. The question is should I bottle now my normal two weeks in the 2nd fermenter or should I let it go for another week for a total of 3 weeks. I figured if it goes for another week it well pick up more hops flavor.

I'd go ahead and bottle, so long as it's hit its FG. Two weeks is as long as I'm willing to go for DH in the secondary. You aren't likely to get much more hop flavor at this point.

How did this work out for you? I'm currently one week into dry hopping a Pliny clone and the hops have barely started to drop.

I bottled and there was a lot of sediment but after 3+ weeks of conditioning most of the sediment was stuck to the bottom. I now use a muslin bag with marbles and it works great. Also the Pliny kit from morebeer turned out great.

Back