2KW Induction plate (IKEA), max. boil volume?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassius

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've got an IKEA portable induction plate that should be able to do 2KW of heating. Has anyone here got experience with those plates? There are other brands that sell plates with similar capacity as well.

I'm mainly interested in amount of water/wort that I should be able to get boiling with or without isolating the pot. I was hoping to do around 20-25 liter batches (BIAB) in an aluminium pot.

Would that be doable?

Couldn't find a general "post all your newbie electric brewing questions topic here" topic, otherwise i'd have posted it there.

Are you referring to the 'Tillreda' hob? I do BIAB on that one with a max boil vol of about 18L which it can do easily. I imagine 25L to not be a problem, even less so if you use insulation.

According to the seller the pot works for induction :)

It comes down to how the bottom is made i think...

Edit: According to the manufacturers website:

"Sandwich type bottom (stainless steel/aluminium/stainless steel) combines the heat distribution of aluminium with the durability and magnetic properties of stainless steel to allow induction cooking."

Nevermind.

I just asked the seller, and unfortunately this pan doesn't support induction. They immediately updated the product specs.....

Back