2022 FotD Secret Santa Beer Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Friends! It's that time of year again! Similar to the last three years, in the spirit of The Fellowship of the Drink, I am launching a FotD-inspired Secret Santa Beer Exchange. Just to recap - this will be completely different from the normal FotD - there will be no offers, selection, or photos. Here’s how it will work:

Today - Dec 17th: Sign up! Post in this thread that you are interested, and shoot me a PM with the template below.
Dec 18-19th(ish): I will email every participant their giftee, along with their giftee’s info.
Jan 2nd - 17th: Shipping! Ship your gifts to your giftee.
Jan 21st(ish - depending on shipping): List posted of Santas and giftees

In other words, you drop your name in this thread, ship someone some beer, and - a few days later, come home to find beer has magically arrived on your doorstep. Amazing!

Due to the lack of a selection process, for this round I am strongly recommending your gift consist of up to 128 fl.oz. of beer and one non-beer item (t-shirt, hat, glassware, tap handle, beer-scented soap - whatever you think your giftee wants/could use the most!)

Template for PM: (Include the following in the PM you send me)
  • HBT Username:
  • Email Address:
  • Name & Shipping Address:
  • Beer Preferences/Dislikes:
  • Can you receive beer at any point from Jan 3-24th? (If not, when during that window do you need to receive by/after?)
  • Optional: T-shirt size (or a note saying you hate t-shirts) ;)

FAQ:

What should be in a box?
Up to
128 fl.oz. of beer and one non-beer item (e.g. t-shirt, flannel, hat, drip tray, glassware, etc.)

Can I join after Dec 16th?
Probably not. The cutoff is when I send the emails out. I'll try to post in the thread when the cutoff is reached.

Why is the shipping schedule so late / Can I ship early?
Santa had a bit to drink.

Seriously though, the holidays are stressful enough without having to worry about a fun beer swap. The shipping schedule is intended to reduce stress for both the sender and the recipient. To reduce the possibility of beer sitting on the doorstep of an empty house, I humbly request that you try to avoid shipping early - but if you need to, let me know and I will reach out to your giftee to make sure they will be available to receive it.

Do I have to follow the preferences my giftee specified in their template?
Absolutely not! Although I hate all the barley wine I’ve ever tasted, it may just be because I haven’t had a good one yet. The preferences are a guideline, not a mandate. Ship beer that you think your giftee will want to drink.

What happens if I need to drop out?
Let me know ASAP. Because of the nature of this round, drop-outs after Dec 16th will be disruptive, but we will figure out a way to make it work.

Are you (Thorrak) participating/Why do you want an email address?
Yes, I am planning on participating. In part to make this manageable (and try to keep my Santa secret) I'm managing everything using Excel + mail merge to email. Super high tech - but it's worked the last few years!

Other rules/Participation guidelines:
- Continental US residents only
- Must be of legal drinking age
- A HBT member for at least 6 months
- An active participant in the community (based on iTrader rating/activity, recent post count, participation in previous beer swaps, etc.)
... or have been (or are vouched by) a previous FotD participant.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

Count me IN and looking forward to it!

Will Ferrell Santa GIF by filmeditor

OK! Currently in this round:
@Thorrak
@aharri1
@fourfarthing
@palmtrees
@LoneTreeFarms
@JCasey1992
@dpinette2
@Nagorg
@BAF

If you sent me a PM and are not in the above list, PLEASE PM me again. I copied that list straight out of the document I'm using to track this, so if you aren't on there, you aren't actually in. :(

And, just to tag people who have done FotD in the past in case they want to participate:
@TwistedGray
@CTownBrewer
@MapleGroveAleworks
@Abrayton
@imasickboy
@pshankstar
@TheDudeLebowski
@MC82
@j1laskey
@mullet6577
@baldm79
@HopsNTails
@TBC
@FoxPaw
@jaymosbeershack
@orionol73
@wstbrewing
@jerbrew
@Beerwildered
@LBussy
@gromitdj
@jimyson
@JamesonFan
@Knightshade
@CrookedLaker
@pers
@Bago-0
@kingmatt
@CaddyWampus
@wepeeler
@3 Dawg Night
@EcuPirate07
@afro_lou
@jekeane
@Pianoman
@Dgallo
@TallDan
@yoop89
@DrGMG
@duncan.brown
@bwible
@kozmicsky
@MajorJC

OK! Currently in this round:
@Thorrak
@aharri1
@fourfarthing
@palmtrees
@LoneTreeFarms
@JCasey1992
@dpinette2
@Nagorg
@BAF

If you sent me a PM and are not in the above list, PLEASE PM me again. I copied that list straight out of the document I'm using to track this, so if you aren't on there, you aren't actually in. :(

And, just to tag people who have done FotD in the past in case they want to participate:
@TwistedGray
@CTownBrewer
@MapleGroveAleworks
@Abrayton
@imasickboy
@pshankstar
@TheDudeLebowski
@MC82
@j1laskey
@mullet6577
@baldm79
@HopsNTails
@TBC
@FoxPaw
@jaymosbeershack
@orionol73
@wstbrewing
@jerbrew
@Beerwildered
@LBussy
@gromitdj
@jimyson
@JamesonFan
@Knightshade
@CrookedLaker
@pers
@Bago-0
@kingmatt
@CaddyWampus
@wepeeler
@3 Dawg Night
@EcuPirate07
@afro_lou
@jekeane
@Pianoman
@Dgallo
@TallDan
@yoop89
@DrGMG
@duncan.brown
@bwible
@kozmicsky
@MajorJC
Ironically, I haven’t been on HBT lately due to training a lot for my various Spartan events earlier this year and going dry for months at a time.

Have been checking in sporadically over the past weeks or so..and this evening I see this.

I’ll give it some thought for sure.

Ironically, I haven’t been on HBT lately due to training a lot for my various Spartan events earlier this year and going dry for months at a time.

Have been checking in sporadically over the past weeks or so..and this evening I see this.

I’ll give it some thought for sure.
I drank 4 beers the night before my first Rugged Maniac, which was on my 41st BDay, and I managed to finish, AND before my girlfriend who goes to the gym 4 days a week. Then got beers at the finish line. You're IN ;)

I'M IN.

With the current nursing crisis, the hospital I work for has been crazy short. All I've had time to do for the past few months is work and sleep, and as a result I'm really behind on shipping my FotHB package to @aharri1. I'm not going to commit to any more beer swaps until I can get that one shipped.

However, if I do manage to get his beers bottled and shipped when I'm supposed to be off this weekend, then I will jump back in here and join the fun.

With the current nursing crisis, the hospital I work for has been crazy short. All I've had time to do for the past few months is work and sleep, and as a result I'm really behind on shipping my FotHB package to @aharri1. I'm not going to commit to any more beer swaps until I can get that one shipped.

However, if I do manage to get his beers bottled and shipped when I'm supposed to be off this weekend, then I will jump back in here and join the fun.
Fingers crossed - we'd love to have you!

I drank 4 beers the night before my first Rugged Maniac, which was on my 41st BDay, and I managed to finish, AND before my girlfriend who goes to the gym 4 days a week. Then got beers at the finish line. You're IN ;)

I'M IN.
Grats, I've never done one of those. I did my first trifecta weekend a couple of months ago, have 3 planned next year. Looks like you've got a pretty good pool of people already, and I've got some more time to mull it over.

I'm going to have to send regrets for this event. Work has been insane and it takes a trip "to the city" to get anything but Pudswillerdoors.

I just had a friend send me a bunch of stuff from TX that I’m wondering how I’m going to get through. Feel like I wouldn’t do my SS justice as I’ve been disconnected from the scene most of this year anyways.

Have fun all and make sure to post pics of your haul. I’ll enjoy via HBT proxy.

A couple of my favorite local breweries got some good stuff that came out so I'll be putting together a package next week to get ready!! 😎🍺👌

Do any of y’all like Amaros? I have a bottle I got from St. Agrestis’s quarterly club thing that is a Vino Amaro made with Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh, and while it’s a really interesting spec, it’s not something I’m thrilled with. If anyone who likes amaros is interested in a trade, hit me up. ;)

Edit: I have two bottles of it - I would be trading the unopened second bottle.

Back