2020 FotD Secret Santa Beer Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 713078

Personally I use the group as an excuse when I load the wife and dog into the truck and drive halfway across the state to some tiny brewery no one has ever heard of. "These 9 cases are for the trade honey. Gotta get that new new stuff or no one will ever pick me." I wouldn't want to be a liar now would I? 😜

That's the cleanest I've ever seen the 'ho!

Secret Santa came early! Got this badass porch bomb today! Shipping mine out next week!
IMG_20210107_155319648_HDR.jpg

Secret Santa came early! Got this badass porch bomb today! Shipping mine out next week!
View attachment 713473
I’m glad everything arrived safely! I haven’t tried any of the bottles yet. I saw the sillipint and had to get it for what it says on the backside. Plus with the couple of extra beers it was appropriate too. Haha
I figured it could get a lot of use at pools or beaches (or other places where glad isn’t allowed) since your location’s climate is a longer season than mine.
Naked Dove is our county’s oldest brewery. I’ve bought a bunch of beer from them over the years. Frequentum is our newest brewery opening late summer last year. I hope you enjoy them all! Cheers!

I’m glad everything arrived safely! I haven’t tried any of the bottles yet. I saw the sillipint and had to get it for what it says on the backside. Plus with the couple of extra beers it was appropriate too. Haha
I figured it could get a lot of use at pools or beaches (or other places where glad isn’t allowed) since your location’s climate is a longer season than mine.
Naked Dove is our county’s oldest brewery. I’ve bought a bunch of beer from them over the years. Frequentum is our newest brewery opening late summer last year. I hope you enjoy them all! Cheers!
Thanks man when I saw the Mike and Ike's and the name on The box matched your username I figured it was you pretty quick LOL. I'm stoked to try all of those!!!! I can definitely get use out of that silipint here in Central Florida!

Jelly!!

@pshankstar decided to try this one! Very well-rounded with nice aroma and just enough bitterness. New guys are doing a good job up there !
View attachment 713532
Good choice! It was one of my favorites recently. It is dry hopped with Strata, Mosaic, and Nelson Sauvin but that’s all I know. With any new brewery I cut them some slack for the first year but after their first couple of batches they are starting to impress me. Our town which includes them and Naked Dove are doing a stout month event and I hope to be able to make it to all six participating breweries to try their stouts and get a special release glass. Cheers bud!

Good choice! It was one of my favorites recently. It is dry hopped with Strata, Mosaic, and Nelson Sauvin but that’s all I know. With any new brewery I cut them some slack for the first year but after their first couple of batches they are starting to impress me. Our town which includes them and Naked Dove are doing a stout month event and I hope to be able to make it to all six participating breweries to try their stouts and get a special release glass. Cheers bud!
I figured it had one of the two of those in there it's really good man, and goes down easy. That sounds like something I would love to go to, and we need an uber or DD lol. Cheers!! 🍺

Enjoy! I made some trades in December & was able to get some extra cans for Secret Santa from Burial, Great Notion, & Parish.

The Modern Times Rye Vanilla Dragon Mask is a member can...really smooth! Abaddon is probably my favorite lager from them too.

Cheers!

I had mail. If I'm the one being spoken of here...THANKS!!!!
View attachment 713646

If not, then whoever sent this...THANKS!!!!

Been wanting to try anything Burial and Great Notion. Curious how the DDH GITM compares to the original

@pshankstar solid NEIPA!! I'm brewing a helles using lutra kviek today to see how it works out. Double dry hopping with pacific jade too.. so I guess an international Helles? Haha.
IMG_20210108_223133138.jpg

This one was good but I think the bitterness was a little too much. I was hopeful it would mellow some by now. I’ll have to open my last can to find out.
the bitterness did not mellow out for me at least. It lingered the entire time but finally faded toward the end of the cup as it warmed up. I think that covered up the other notes they were trying to hit which I could tell were in the background. They must have overdid the bitterness charge during the boil, because Whirlpool or dryhop wouldn't do that.

the bitterness did not mellow out for me at least. It lingered the entire time but finally faded toward the end of the cup as it warmed up. I think that covered up the other notes they were trying to hit which I could tell were in the background. They must have overdid the bitterness charge during the boil, because Whirlpool or dryhop wouldn't do that.
Those were my initial thoughts when I tried this beer too. Most if not all the beers in that box were new to me when buying them so I had no idea what to expect from them (bottles are still in my cellar collection). I’m glad you’re enjoying them and that’s all that matters. Cheers bud!

Those were my initial thoughts when I tried this beer too. Most if not all the beers in that box were new to me when buying them so I had no idea what to expect from them (bottles are still in my cellar collection). I’m glad you’re enjoying them and that’s all that matters. Cheers bud!
You are correct sir! The ones from frequentem are the best so far!

Back