2018 SARA Cellar Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Kvass?
kvass is most popular in Russia

V7k8cpj.gif

We will be featuring some delicious offerings from our friends at Jester King and Sante Adarius. Avery, of Jester King will be joining us as well.

Featured Beers

Black Metal
Kvass
Song of Binding
Vague Recollection
Petit Prince
and two SPON beers which will be revealed soon!

SARA:
IPA TBD
Saison Bernice
Capitola Sunset
Appreciation

Last but certainly not least!
Elements of Composition (Blend 2)
A collab with SARA, Jester King, and De Garde
Admission: No cover

TL;DR EOC 2?o_O

https://sfbeerweek.org/schedule/?event=jester-king-sara-friends

the first time we find out about eoc 2 and its at trappist? no bottles of this have seen light of day right?

the first time we find out about eoc 2 and its at trappist? no bottles of this have seen light of day right?
no bottles yet have been released to the public AFAIK. Who knows, it might show up at the portal on the sunday tapping too? *speculation*

no bottles yet have been released to the public AFAIK. Who knows, it might show up at the portal on the sunday tapping too? *speculation*
If they were just in Texas for the blending, I'd imagine the bottle conditioning time would come in to play (Sante is usually 3+ months). The idea that they'd release it at Trappist that early is intriguing. Maybe it was a late pic? Maybe ZFG for conditioning time?

Hey All, Long time waitlist, first time caller...If I'm looking at 2018, are there any particular times when I should book a trip out for a visit. Certain dates that a release occurs? Festival type events? Or is it generally like Hill Farm where every day is christmas?

Hey All, Long time waitlist, first time caller...If I'm looking at 2018, are there any particular times when I should book a trip out for a visit. Certain dates that a release occurs? Festival type events? Or is it generally like Hill Farm where every day is christmas?
Their anniversary in June is one of the few days per year that's really consistently packed with special taps, but generally, every day's an excellent one to go. Plus, the anniversary's not always a formal event (I believe two years ago they simply announced that special kegs would be going on throughout the day just a few days in advance), so timing that could be a little tricky.

Their anniversary in June is one of the few days per year that's really consistently packed with special taps, but generally, every day's an excellent one to go. Plus, the anniversary's not always a formal event (I believe two years ago they simply announced that special kegs would be going on throughout the day just a few days in advance), so timing that could be a little tricky.
I imagine with the portal the taps will be EVEN MORE special with breweries sending some gems.

Just let the thread know when you head out and it will be special ;) bird22

If they were just in Texas for the blending, I'd imagine the bottle conditioning time would come in to play (Sante is usually 3+ months). The idea that they'd release it at Trappist that early is intriguing. Maybe it was a late pic? Maybe ZFG for conditioning time?

Looks like they were working on blend #3 yesterday:

I would have thought the trappist one was blend 2?

*Anniversary in May

my understanding is that blend 1 of EOC was bottled at De Garde, 2 at Sante, and 3 will be bottled soon at Jester King. If this is correct and trappist indeed taps a keg of blend 2 then Im expecting EOC bottle release of some sort pretty soon!!!!

Haven't been paying super close attention to releases lately, but I just saw dontdrinkbeer post a massive SARA haul including Much Appreciated. Was this last quarter of 2017's club bottle? Holy ****, the Westly treatment for Appreciation? How great is this beer?

Yes, Yes, So.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back