2018 Membership drop/renewal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up for Lost Abbey, although it's more of a split with a neighbor buddy.

Still eagerly anticipating signing up for League next week at the preview tasting.

Mikkeller has really turned things around in the past month or so with limited web shop pickups in house and first shot at crowler fills (usually of the prior week's release). The Q2 Viking bottle seems solid (haven't tried), and the first two Tier 2 bottles release this Sunday. Seems like they're trying to turn things around with their club. We'll see how they finish once the calendar turns to 2018.

Did any of the 2018 Bottlecraft Lock and Key members receive the mailing yet? They sent an email saying it'd arrive this week but I'm still on the lookout. Just curious...

Did any of the 2018 Bottlecraft Lock and Key members receive the mailing yet? They sent an email saying it'd arrive this week but I'm still on the lookout. Just curious...
Not yet.

You can always email them if you REALLY need to know what the letter says ASAP.
(Not being a dick, just pointing it out in case you didn’t see that in the email.)

Not yet.

You can always email them if you REALLY need to know what the letter says ASAP.
(Not being a dick, just pointing it out in case you didn’t see that in the email.)

Ha, no, don't need to know ASAP. I actually saw that in the email and wonder why anyone could possibly NEED to know what it said before the membership even started.

I took last year off from clubs after doing Bruery Hoarders for a few years and De Garde.

For 2018, I’m doing:

Lost Abbey Sinners & Saints (split with a friend)
Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve (ISO trustee)

Crooked Stave was a semi drunk impulse buy but I’ve always really liked their beers and would love a reason to get back to Denver too.

I’d also love to get into a mead club but doesn’t seem like Any are currently open.

Joined alesmith, dropped rate Barrel. Looks like first alesmith bottle is gonna be barrel aged Jamaica blue mountain speedway.

Hi, my name is Kristy and I have a beer club membership problem.
For 2018:
I lost Phantom Carriage (wouldn't have kept even if they did a club this year).
I kept Rare Barrel, Cigar City and Modern Times (got Theory of Leisure Committee this year).
Added SARA's Cellar, Lost Abbey, Alesmith and Wild Barrel.

For 2018:
I kept Rare Barrel, Cigar City and Modern Times (got Theory of Leisure Committee this year).
Hi Kristy.
Hi my name is JJ and I also have a beer club membership "problem"
Casa, Leisure, Wild Barrel, Dionysus, Brewery I cant talk about, Cigar City, Bruery PS (I really should drop this one), and I will be adding the Highland Park Brewing membership once they announce it.

For 2018:

wow.. how do you keep up?

I mean... are you guys just buying 1 of whatever bottle or maxing out on things normally?

I'm down to 2 clubs this year... I used to be in Crooked Stave and did not re-up when it came back out... same for DG... and just dropped Casey EF this year... all beers that I enjoy but it's just too much for me

I don't think I'd add another club with one exception in the US and of course a couple Belgian Breweries...

I mean... are you guys just buying 1 of whatever bottle or maxing out on things normally?

I'm down to 2 clubs this year... I used to be in Crooked Stave and did not re-up when it came back out... same for DG... and just dropped Casey EF this year... all beers that I enjoy but it's just too much for me

I don't think I'd add another club with one exception in the US and of course a couple Belgian Breweries...
I split all of mine, so that helps. I also split de Garde but don't even mention them because that membership is a complete dumpster fire. Such a joke. Waste of $130.

Just curious... how so?
first quarter we only got the chance to buy a total of 9 bottles of beer (that was with getting a wish granted for an extra and the two included in the membership). So far 6.5 weeks into this quarter we have only had the opprotunity to buy 1 brand, and got the wish granted for a second bottle plus the two included. I expected at MINIMUM a case every 6 weeks or so but it's not even a full case per quarter. Most things are only 1 per person which sucks since I split with a friend. Just a complete and utter failure.

first quarter we only got the chance to buy a total of 9 bottles of beer (that was with getting a wish granted for an extra and the two included in the membership). So far 6.5 weeks into this quarter we have only had the opprotunity to buy 1 brand, and got the wish granted for a second bottle plus the two included. I expected at MINIMUM a case every 6 weeks or so but it's not even a full case per quarter. Most things are only 1 per person which sucks since I split with a friend. Just a complete and utter failure.
Oh my God you whiney ****.

Oh my God you whiney ****.
He asked, dumb ****. None of the other 7 memberships I am in offer this few of beers. None of the other memberships I am in only offer 25% of the beers they release to the public to their members. **** off you Oregonean fan boi.

I know a few members, and all were disappointed with it. For the exact reasons he mentioned. He's not the only one, believe it or not.

R1fdEt3.gif

Hi Kristy.
Hi my name is JJ and I also have a beer club membership "problem"
Casa, Leisure, Wild Barrel, Dionysus, Brewery I cant talk about, Cigar City, Bruery PS (I really should drop this one), and I will be adding the Highland Park Brewing membership once they announce it.

Are you really splitting Leisure & Cigar City? I ask since I've seen your comments about high pricing, mainly for MT. It appears CC is also pricey for what it is, and not having the local benefits. Just curious.

I know a few members, and all were disappointed with it. For the exact reasons he mentioned. He's not the only one, believe it or not.
Exactly, I know at least a dozen or so people that are members and none of them are happy. Everyone from Oregon just tells us to "stop whining" and that "you're lucky they let you get any of our whales"

Are you really splitting Leisure & Cigar City? I ask since I've seen your comments about high pricing, mainly for MT. It appears CC is also pricey for what it is, and not having the local benefits. Just curious.
Yeah, I was honestly reluctant on CC and Leisure because of the price thing. With Leisure the list of potential beers swayed my decision as they sound amazing. Still not stoked on their pricing and likely will only buy one of each stout offered but yeah, they sound amazing. Similar situation to CC, pure FOMO haha. Splitting that one with a friend makes the price point a little easier. We went into it knowing we would only get one of each bottle and that's fine. Unlike de Garde where the expectation was a full blown membership that has clearly not delivered.

I didn't pay that close of attention, but were there explicit expectations that you'd get more? Sante, for example, is only 5-7 bottles a quarter as part of the club. Seems like a pretty appropriate comparison to De Garde, no?

I didn't pay that close of attention, but were there explicit expectations that you'd get more? Sante, for example, is only 5-7 bottles a quarter as part of the club. Seems like a pretty appropriate comparison to De Garde, no?
Sante states exactly what you get going in. de Garde was very vague and just said that you would get online access to bottle releases. Also, with sante, the member bottles are strictly member exclusive. With de Garde the member bottles are sold to anyone for in person consumption. Why sell extra bottles to the members right? Just sell them to the public that didn't give them an interest free loan.

Sante states exactly what you get going in. de Garde was very vague and just said that you would get online access to bottle releases. Also, with sante, the member bottles are strictly member exclusive. With de Garde the member bottles are sold to anyone for in person consumption. Why sell extra bottles to the members right? Just sell them to the public that didn't give them an interest free loan.
I guess my point here is you're awfully peeved over an assumption that you made, no?

I guess my point here is you're awfully peeved over an assumption that you made, no?
Not peeved, just disappointed. Sure it was foolish of me to assume this would be like every single other membership I have been in, but I was only basing that off my own personal experience. I didn't want to sign up at all because IMO de Garde quality has gone downhill. My friend talked me into it over the course of a day or so and now I am disappointed he did. He is also not impressed with the membership and wont be renewing unless something changes drastically. From talking to other members, it seems like this is the consensus with this membership/.

Depends on the brewery. Max out a lot at MT (because I have a Modern Times problem), will probably be doing that also with Sante, Lost Abbey and Alesmith. The boyfriend also has several club memberships. We have/drink a lot of beer...

Depends on the brewery. Max out a lot at MT (because I have a Modern Times problem), will probably be doing that also with Sante, Lost Abbey and Alesmith. The boyfriend also has several club memberships. We have/drink a lot of beer...
Damn, maxing Modern Times is quite the pretty penny haha.

Sante is not much but I was maxing w/ Crooked Stave years ago and it was just too much beer... then I was maxing with Casey and it was lot of beer and just too expensive... as noted, I just ended up with 2 now... I guess I don't drink that much beer compared to others around here...

Sante is not much but I was maxing w/ Crooked Stave years ago and it was just too much beer... then I was maxing with Casey and it was lot of beer and just too expensive... as noted, I just ended up with 2 now... I guess I don't drink that much beer compared to others around here...
I buy way more than I can drink. I have a problem. FOMO is real. This is why I tell people I legit do not need thank you beers when I proxy for them. I have too damn much of the stuff myself.

I buy way more than I can drink. I have a problem. FOMO is real. This is why I tell people I legit do not need thank you beers when I proxy for them. I have too damn much of the stuff myself.

but where does maxing out come into play for FOMO?

Back