2018 HBT Fantasy Baseball League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is just for fun. There have been years where we bet home brew or something but no buy-in/no pay out. Side bets during head-to-head matches are encouraged! ha

Espn fantasy sports.

And if my math is right, we have 6. I would consider that enough for a league. Let me check back with all the existing teams and see who is out for sure. Its a keeper league so I will need to add and delete owners. Anyone else interested?

Awesome! Great to see that there is interest. Thanks for taking the helm, Ginger!
After 5+ years running the ship, my liver has taken a toll. lol

Awesome! Great to see that there is interest. Thanks for taking the helm, Ginger!
After 5+ years running the ship, my liver has taken a toll. lol
hahaha No problem, Johnny. I'm sure I will be reaching out to you in the next day or two for help setting it up.

We have 8! I just sent PM's to everyone that said they wanted in. Once I receive confirmation from everyone, I will add the new owners and set the draft date.

Thanks, Johnny!

I'm still in. Posted on league page but thought would post here too.
ChicoGigantes, right?

I am waiting to hear from the remaining existing owners, to see which teams need to be assigned. I am going to make a list here, just to help me wrap my head around who is in and who is not. The following teams are in:
Irish Redbirds
Chico Gigantes
Eff Yu Darvish
Pyg's Pyne Tar Pynch Hitters
New England Stout Troopers - Will be reassigned to a new owner

The following teams have not confirmed:
Hrabosky's Hammers
Team Ramrod
Astros Pickleweasels
Los Bastardos
Going Al-tu-ve
The Bernie Maddoffs
Bayou Brewers

The following people have asked for a team (one of which will be assigned the New England Stout team):
lupulinaddict
ddibbern5
Boomer

The goal is to have at least 8 teams. We have 7 in right now, so if you have a team, check in. If I have not heard from you by this time next week, your team will be reassigned to another manager.

UPDATE

I am waiting to hear from the remaining existing owners, to see which teams need to be assigned. I am going to make a list here, just to help me wrap my head around who is in and who is not. The following teams are in:
Irish Redbirds
Chico Gigantes
Eff Yu Darvish
Bayou Brewers - Will be reassigned to new owner

Hrabosky's Hammers
Team Ramrod
Astros Pickleweasels
Los Bastardos
Going Al-tu-ve
The Bernie Maddoffs

The following people have asked for a team (one of which will be assigned the New England Stout team):
lupulinaddict
ddibbern5
Boomer

The goal is to have at least 8 teams. We have 7 in right now, so if you have a team, check in. If I have not heard from you by this time next week, your team will be reassigned to another manager.

UPDATE

Irish Redbirds
Chico Gigantes
Eff Yu Darvish
Going Al-tu-ve
Lod Bastardos

Hrabosky's Hammers
Team Ramrod
Astros Pickleweasels
The Bernie Maddoffs
Bayou Brewers

lupulinaddict
ddibbern5
Boomer

It's almost too early for me. Trying to get all the work travel in plus a trip out to AZ for a couple spring training games next weekend. Im pushing it but i have my opening day tix. This is 7 yrs in a row if im not mistaken.

I was at opening day at Chase Field the year after they won, really great atmosphere. I was visiting the Grand Canyon and got lucky on the tickets. I don't remember who they played now. Nice park though.

Update
Based on the order in which I was contacted teams are starting to be reassigned.
The following teams are in:
Irish Redbirds
Chico Gigantes
Eff Yu Darvish
Astros Pickleweasels
Going Al-tu-ve
Los Bastardos
Hrabosky's Hammers
The Bernie Maddoffs
New England Stout Troopers - Will be reassigned to Lupulinaddict
Bayou Brewers - Will be reassigned to ddibbern5

Team Ramrod - will be reassigned to Boomer if I do not hear from Ramrod by Wednesday.

Lupulin and ddibbern should receive an email adding you as owner of the team. If you do not, let me know. Check your spam folder. Once you are a part of the team you should be able to delete the first owner, change the name of the team, etc...Remember, this is a keeper league so if you want to keep players, you must mark them as keepers. The keepers lock 1 hour before the draft. I set the draft date Monday, 4/26 @ 8:00 Eastern/7:00 Central. If anyone has any questions, let me know.

I'll have to auto draft since that's 5 pst and I have kids. Can keepers lock sooner so I can plan my auto draft knowing who is available?

Also see someone added players. Thought we didn't do that predraft.

Do you want me to move the draft back an hour? Didnt realize you were on the left coast. O can change the keep lock. Thats easy. I’ll move it back a day.

As far as adding players, i dont know. Didnt even know you could make trades during the off season. I’ll look into that too.

I moved the drat time back one hour and locked the keepers one day earlier. Hope this helps. If anyone has any other issues please let me know.

Also, I can't find a setting to lock trades prior to the draft, so I will send an email out to the owners. Best I can do I suppose.

Back