2017 Hop Harvest Totals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11.4 oz of Galena, 12.6 oz of Newport

325.87 + 11.4 + 12.6 = 349.87

412.845 + 12.6 oz Cascade + 31.4 oz of Chinook + 14.5 oz of Nugget + 32 oz Zeus = 90.5 oz

412.845 + 90.5 = 503.345 oz.

And now at the height of the harvest I'm leaving town for a month. I have a brewer friend who will harvest and brew with my hops. Hopefully they'll still be cranking out cones when I get back.

2nd year, about 6-7 oz. "dried" off of 2 that I planted last fall. The other 2 I planted did not do anything. I'm pretty sure 1 the root got too wet. But I thought for 2nd year it was pretty decent and look forward to next year. I don't know if I will be able to tell the rhizome vs. root, but may plant more around the yard.

These were Cascade in NE Wisconsin.

Not an active member of the board at all, but I thought I would add...
43 oz. Hallertauer (probably Mittelfrueh).

568.645 + 43 = 611.645

Hope to have another bunch harvested this weekend too.

This is the only active thread apparently, so i need to also ask an off subject question. Does anyone have data on cable size recommendations for commercial production? For example, how must weight to estimate each plant allowing for wind tow etc.

8lbs dried off of two Columbus plants. a very drought resistant plant the other 5 varieties did not perform very well as i am going to pick them. problem is I will never be able to use them all and would like some golding or willamette for some mild beers "this is a trade hint"

edit forgot about the count:
700.695 + 128=828.695

20171001_165544.jpg

This is the only active thread apparently, so i need to also ask an off subject question. Does anyone have data on cable size recommendations for commercial production? For example, how must weight to estimate each plant allowing for wind tow etc.

Well you could estimate that each plant will be 25 lbs with fully developed hops. Go 25% percent over that for wind and moisture, it should get you close . For six plants, I use 1/4" cable, it's overkill but I am fine with that.

I remember reading up on setting up a hop yard from UVM. With so many popping up, there has to be some info on the googles.

Back