2016 NCAA Tournament Pool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, sorry I've been out of touch. Work has been stupid busy. No worries on anyone rushing to get beer out, I've got a fridge full. I'm doing my best to clear out inventory but it seems to be a futile effort.

@Helly, your rediculous shipment arrived safe and sound. Wasn't expecting to need a sherpa to carry it all inside. Thanks for the haul!

Caleb

Helly destroys porches just for fun. I have a couple pickups to make and I'll get your box on a truck. Congrats again!

Just trying to build some good beer karma :) Maybe next year I won't lose the lead in the final 4. I hope you enjoy them all.

Just trying to build some good beer karma :) Maybe next year I won't lose the lead in the final 4. I hope you enjoy them all.

Next year I am making my picks and then picking the opposite at the last minute.

Baylor & Michigan State are dead to me.
We don't speak those names in my house nor will my kids ever attend those school!

I hope my box made it intact. If it did, then I hope you'll excuse what might be a ridiculous amount of packing material. I don't ship a lot of beer, but had one break once and try pretty hard to prevent it now.

@drcaleb Apologize that I still haven't shipped! We had our first child right before the final 4. Been a little hectic over here and beer has taken a back seat to this adorable little terror. I'll make it up to you with a porch bomb sometime soon

A week and a half before the madness begins.
Due to work obligations I will not be able to facilitate this pool this year.
Anyone want to step forward and run it?

I saw the email go out. Anyone here interested in doing it again this year?

I opened up 2017, because I was filling out a bracket. It seems I can not really be interested in the tourney without having a bracket to yell about.
due to work obligations I am not able to coordinate invites and follow up on people paying their beer to the winner.
I am fine with just doing brackets no pay out, or if anyone wants to facilitate and give out the password, fine by me!

I'll fill it in, but I'm not that interested in it. Bball is just meh for me these days, even college. I haven't watched more than 30 seconds of college ball all season. Total.

I'm all in on Gonzaga, though!

Gonzaga!

G O N Z A G A !!

Gon ZA ga!

They have the best name in college sports.

I'll fill it in, but I'm not that interested in it. Bball is just meh for me these days, even college. I haven't watched more than 30 seconds of college ball all season. Total.

I'm all in on Gonzaga, though!

Gonzaga!

G O N Z A G A !!

Gon ZA ga!

They have the best name in college sports.

I am high on Gonzaga as well, which usually means they are an early round upset

Homer and Pyg, I'm rooting for the Zags too. I haven't heard from people clamoring for a bracket/beer swap so I'm gonna skip setting it up. Thanks though.

I'm all for doing a personal bet for like 2 beers or something. Maybe someone wants to do a head-to-head?

Homer- I am up for a small 2 beer wager.
I have the hbt2017 group set up.
If you got the email hop in and we can go H2H!

Homer- I am up for a small 2 beer wager.
I have the hbt2017 group set up.
If you got the email hop in and we can go H2H!

I did not receive an email. I did log into my ESPN account and I see last years, and I think I see your account in the group, but I didn't get an email and I don't know the password. You can resend or PM.

I did not receive an email. I did log into my ESPN account and I see last years, and I think I see your account in the group, but I didn't get an email and I don't know the password. You can resend or PM.

Sent a pm

How we sitting so far? I submitted a bracket at work, and just realized I forgot to make a copy for myself. D'oh!

That one was hand-written, so I have no easy way of getting a look at it. The wife of one of the guys who works here is managing it, so it's probably at their house. Only real solution between now and this weekend is to ask her to take a couple of pictures on her phone and text them to me.

Ok. Here we go. if Gonzaga wins, you win. BUT! If Gonzaga wins, I win two brakects at work, so I'm secretly (or not, now, I guess...) hoping they win and I can ship you so me beers.

Anyway, Cheers to a good NCAA tournament so far. I've enjoyed watching the games I got to watch, and I know if I hadn't signed up for a couple of brackets I probably wouldn't have sat down long enough to watch.

:cheers:

Great game, right up until the end.
I feel like Gonzaga lost control in the last min or so.
But regardless, if every championship game in every sport was that good.....

I feel the opposite. I thought the game lacked fluidity. I think the refs blew the whistle a LOT (justified), and the teams struggled to get a rhythm. Good defense? Maybe. I thought Gonzaga did a bad job of taking the ball to the basket in the second half (I admit I only watched the second half because the game was on so late and I was watching the Red Wings win in a shootout...)

This was maybe the worst game I watched in the whole tournament. Still, it was close up until the end when the Zags kept fumbling the ball and the hurt guy took it upon himself to try to be the hero twice in the last couple of possessions. If Gonzaga had taken a few more better shots and made a few more good shots the game would have been more interesting. They seemed to have a hard time moving the ball late in the game.

I thought it was technically a pretty bad game of bball. Way too many whistles. Shooting % must have been terrible - Zags went 10 minutes once without a made shot. I agree with Homer's assessment of the last minute.

The big polish guy for the Zags must have missed about 10 shots in a row from point blank range (and he's 7'1" !). Come on!

Back