2004-2013 NHC Gold Medal Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdkopp0153

Reaction score
Yeah, an updated version with newer medal winning recipe stats and inclusion of newer hops, grains, processes, etc would be awesome! Until then, you can kind of get that from looking at all these recipes, seeing similarities in mash temps, fermentation times, hop additions, yeast, etc.

I'm also working on a map of where NHC medal beers are coming from. It could be used as an aide to which region you would prefer to submit your beers with the stiffest or weakest competition. Stay tuned!

I just saw the that 2014 NHC Gold Medal recipes were released in Zymurgy! I'll get them added to my indexed list as soon as they are on the AHA website.

Thanks for updating and posting. I've referenced your site before but didn't keep the link. Much easier than flipping through all my back issues!
:mug:

No problem, glad it's getting some use! I still use it as a way to develop most of my recipes too.

And if anyone notices any potential transcription errors in the 2014 recipes please let me know and I will make the edits.

Sheeish! Do they mean to tell us that the 2011 gold medal Cream Ale was a Two Row/Willamette SMASH?

I found this site earlier this year. Personally when i got into all grain i tried a bunch of smashs to get used to the ingredients. Some half good beer but it was a waste of time.

Go for recipes like these and take it from there!

Looks like someone did a bunch of work with the Gold Medal Recipes:

"NHC Gold Medal Winning Recipe Breakdown 2004-2014
"[reddit poster] spent the past few weeks compiling all of the gold medal winning recipes that are posted on the AHA website from 2004-2014. I put them in a spreadsheet and calculated the recipes based on percentage of grains, hops used, OG, FG, mash temp and yeast used."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Homebrewin...gold_medal_winning_recipe_breakdown_20042014/

A (hopefully) temporary fix for the broken links in "NHC GOLD MEDAL HOMEBREW RECIPES...", can be found here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/favorite-recipe-websites-blogs.666043/#post-8633270 .

Latest posts

Back