2 tier build plans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atl_sud

Reaction score
Here is my rough rendering of my planned brew stand

sculpture11.jpg

It will be made of 1 1/2 x 1 1/12 perforated angle, iron two kegs on two burners and a Ice Cube MTL (Blue). The stand will be 72 inches wide, 16 inches deep and 32 inches high.

The Bk will go on the lower section (20 x 16) and sit 10 inches off the ground. The wheels will be 2 inches high with the base 8 inches.

The upper section will be 32 inches high (52x16) and will support the MLT and HLT. The top of the MLT will end up being 52 inches off the ground so I won't need to stand on anything to dough in or stir.

I will pump from the HLT to the MLT, gravity from the MLT to the BK and the pump to whirlpool recirlulate/xfer to fermenter.

Material cost (McMaster part #) so far are $108.15
4664T61 x 1 - 12.89
8968K26 x 11 - 8.66

Future projects to include hard piping for the gas lines and a water filter.

I was thinking of a similar set up, but wasn't sure how the cooler would hold up to the radiant heat of the burners.

Check out this set up Morebeer's Brew Chat • View topic - Homemade batch sparge sculpture . My kegs are being welded this week, so I plan on starting the project this spring.

The edge of the BK is ~4 inches from where the sculpture begins to rise. One side of the MLT is 13 inches from the HLT. I plan on resting the MLT on a piece of cement board. Hopefully, this will shield the plastic cooler. Otherwise this will accelerate my progression to a 3 keg setup.

Back