2-Tier Brewery Input

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lustrum

Reaction score
I drafted a model of a 2-tier brewery based on one I saw from Sabco. I couldn't find a picture of the Sabco when I actually went to do the modelling, so I did it from memory. The main thing I question about this design is the placement of the pump. I have never used one and don't know how much lower than the keggles it needs to be to prime. Any input would help.

Bottom keggle is the HLT, top is MLT. The system will be all electric. One 5500W and 4500W element, batch sparge, PWM controlled.

Here are the pics:
brewery.jpg

brewery2.jpg

brewery3.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Ya, sorry. Bottom keggle is HTL, top is MLT. All electric. Updated the OP with those details.

It really depends on the pump. If you get a March 809 they are a little harder to get primed. I have no issues whatsoever with my LG 3-MD-HC, it pretty much primes itself.

As a general rule, place the pump below the lowest priming level of the water in the vessel you are pumping out of. Also, I prefer MLT low, especially if you are going to ever want to add a RIMS circuit onto the MLT.

Back