!/2" MPT to 1/2" NPT or to 1.5" Tri Clamp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
I have someone that is selling a counterflow chiller that has 1/2" MPT threads on the beer out. I would like to place a 1.5" Tri Clamp on this fitting. Does anyone know a source for this? All I can seem to find are 1/2" NPT threaded fittings.
Is there an adapter that would go from 1/2" MPT to 1/" NPT?

I sell a stainless counterflow chiller with welded 1.5" tri clover fittings already on it.

Sorry for the cigar picture but its all I had of the chiller. If you already have the chiller check out my website we probably have the hardware part your looking for. Or just PM me I am sure I can help or at least direct you.

Just for the record though NPT = National pipe thread MPT is a Male Pipe Thread. I think the part you are looking for is this
http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri_Clover_1.5_in_x_.5_in_NPT_Female.html
or
http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri_Clover_1.5_Inch_x_.5_Inch_NPT_Male.html

Cheers
Jay

IMG_20150117_144927441.jpg

I sell a stainless counterflow chiller with welded 1.5" tri clover fittings already on it.

Sorry for the cigar picture but its all I had of the chiller. If you already have the chiller check out my website we probably have the hardware part your looking for. Or just PM me I am sure I can help or at least direct you.

Cheers
Jay
The cigar doesnt make it better? And this is a used chiller I would be purchasing so it would be at a pretty steep discount from new. I will take a look at your site. Thanks!

Just saw your edit. She said that the wort in is "1/2 IN MPT" I want to be able to attach a 1.5" triclover to this. I have only seen tri clover come in 1/2IN NPT fittings, not MPT. So I would need to find something to go from MPT to NPT (Not sure if this exists or not)

Just saw your edit. She said that the wort in is "1/2 IN MPT" I want to be able to attach a 1.5" triclover to this. I have only seen tri clover come in 1/2IN NPT fittings, not MPT. So I would need to find something to go from MPT to NPT (Not sure if this exists or not)

Probably Male Pipe Threads. I would be willing to bet your golden with the Female version of what I linked and just screw it on. No adapter needed.

Cheers
Jay

Probably Male Pipe Threads. I would be willing to bet your golden with the Female version of what I linked and just screw it on. No adapter needed.

Cheers
Jay

OK, thats what I was thinking but didnt want to assume. I know nothing of "threads" I know that I just ordered a bunch of stuff and it was all 1/2" NPT. In fact, I have never heard of 1/2" MPT

Latest posts

Back