2 Kegs in One Night...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
Okay, so it's no quite as bad as it sounds. I knew both kegs were getting low. My friends usually come over on Thursday night, but I wasn't expecting that when I walked through the door after working late that the first thing out of their mouth was that I had 2 kegs blow. Both the Amber and Brown went. I had been holding off from them because I wanted to have beer ready to fill them. I'm still at least a week off. Time to get started on the replacement for the remaining two kegs...

My 3 roomates and I polished off two 1/2bbls in a little over 36hrs, with the occasional help from a neighbor or two. I don't recall too many of the details however...

I kept reading the thread expecting to hear a gory description of keg pieces and foam on the ceiling--so much dissapointment for an avowed bottle-conditioner....

Brewsmith said:
Okay, so it's no quite as bad as it sounds. I knew both kegs were getting low. My friends usually come over on Thursday night, but I wasn't expecting that when I walked through the door after working late that the first thing out of their mouth was that I had 2 kegs blow. Both the Amber and Brown went. I had been holding off from them because I wanted to have beer ready to fill them. I'm still at least a week off. Time to get started on the replacement for the remaining two kegs...

That's why you need one of these in your garage. When one blows, just get a fresh one, chilled & carbed, ready.

4569-20cuftFreezer.jpg

Brewsmith said:
My friends usually come over on Thursday night, but I wasn't expecting that when I walked through the door after working late that the first thing out of their mouth was that I had 2 kegs blow.

Your friends come over and tie into your beer when you're not home? That's pretty bold. :confused:

Do they play with your tuba when you're not around too?

I need more kegs. 6 isn;t enough. I had 7 but one has a pinhole leak in it.

I'm brewing 10g batches and have 3 10g carboys and a 10g bucket full of beer. I have cornies in the kegerator, 2 in the fridge. That only leaves 2 more and I still have all that beer to keg.

It's really amazing how fast friends can drain a keg. I took a keg to a bush party and just shared it with a couple of friends. It was mostly gone by morning.

greenhornet said:
Damn Ed....are all of those 5 gallon? Thats 70 gallons of beer on hand...Nice

Not quite. The two on the left are 2.5 gallon cornies sitting on the compressor hump. This pic was when I just got it and was seeing how many would fit. I'm working on filling it, but so far I have 4 Apfelwein, 2 Haus Pale Ale, 1 Stone IPA Clone, & 1 Guinness Clone in there. This weekend, I'll add 2 kegs of Kölsch which will bump me up to the 12 keg limit, and then I'll keg a carboy of Apfelwein into the two 2.5'ers which will bring me to full capacity of 65 gallons. It should last for the summer I think....:drunk:

Back