2 inch Tri Clamp x 1/2" barb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not with a barb, but if you wanted to go that route, you could get a 2"TCx1/2"NPT and add a barb fitting

I have a 2in TC attached to the sankey opening. Oddly, not every one of my 2in clamps fits well over the adapter.

I've since added a 2in to 1in reducer and a ball valve. The added drop helps collect yeast. So far so good. I still Prefer the conical for yeast harvesting but the sankey works as well. Much cheaper option!

You cold always ferment with the keg top as the airlock, rack the beer, swirl the remaining beer and yeast and then pour everything into a collection jar. Wash away and you'll have more yeast than you cold ever ask for.

Best of luck!

I haven't seen him around in a while, but a member used to weld up custom Tri-Clover fittings. His username is Swagman. I ordered several things from him and was very pleased with the quality and his service.

Latest posts

Back