2.5 Gallon keg and paintball tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has used one of the 2.5 gallon tanks with the paintball tank converter? I think this would be ideal for traveling. How many times would I be able to use a 20 to power the 2.5 gallon? Any info from anyone who has used them before would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I just got the same setup that you're talking about. It works great for me. I can't tell you how many kegs you'll be able to push with the 20oz tank because I haven't used up a tank yet. I've dispensed 2 kegs and there is still a good amount of co2 left. I would guess you could push at least 4 or 5 2.5gal kegs.

I have dispensed 3 five gallon kegs with a paintball cylinder. I use a paintball tanks as backup co2 and for parties or camping, but I carbonate with my big tank. You should get 5-6.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

just got my set up in the mail yesterday form keg connection. the documents with the kit stated 7 corny tanks for dispensing if not used for force carb. If force carbing then expect 1/2

Back