2.5 gallon glass carboys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadKarma

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the process of shifting over to Better Bottles, but I stumbled onto this and could not pass it up. I scored three 2.5gal glass carboys for $9.95 each including the spring water inside. Mountain Valley Spring Water out of Mt. Home Arkansas still puts these out. Snagged them at my local grocery. They have the 5 gal too.

Since I brew in the smaller quantities, these are perfect for my mead making too.

:rockin::ban:

Very nice! I don't get as nervous with the smaller ones as I do with the bigger. I can handle moving the smaller glass carboys around but the 5 gallon with liquid is a bit much for me.

I was pretty jazzed when I saw them on James Spencers f-book page. That's what made me start looking. I've almost retired all of my 5 gal stuff, I've got 1 glass 5 gal carboy left. Now I've got one glass 3 gal, 2 better bottle 3 gal, these 2.5's and several 5 gal plastic buckets for bottling and such. Gives me a bit more depth in the fermentor rotation.

BadKarma, you said you picked these up at your local grocery? Where is your location? I assume SW Mo is Southwest Missouri, but I could be wrong. I have a buddy in Little Rock that's making a trip down to Mississippi to visit here soon and I asked him to look around for these in his area. I'm just trying to get him some info on where they may be available. This would be a great score for some small volume fermenters for mead and all... Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kris

The local store is Country Mart in Hollister Missouri. The bottles come from Mountain Valley Spring Water in Mt. Home Arkansas. Give them a call and see what they can do.

Good enough man. Thanks for the info. I'll try and call them and get some info. Those sound sweet. Hopefully my buddy will be able to locate some for me. Cheers!

Cool. They are sweet to use. I've got a batch of mead going now. I love mine and am planning on a couple more.

The water is killer too.

Back